The Upside- Louisville | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Louisville

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Welcome to SU sports. Just when you are down on the team, they come up with a big victory. When you get high on them, watch out!. We sure needed this one after some rough games.

- And it was fun to watch. How many games like that have we had? We even got tacos.

- Wins over Louisville are always special, even more so at the “Yum” Center.

- The first thing I put in the chat room was that the fact that Louisville was pressing us might help us. They didn’t do it the whole game but the pace of the game was faster (133 possessions vs. 112 vs. Virginia ) and we weren’t always facing a set defense. We got 20 points off turnovers ourselves. Our last good offensive game against BC was also a 133 possession game.

- Our “Big three” came through with 63 points on 18 for 39 shooting and 6 for 12 three pointers.

- But so did the supporting cast. Marek Dolezaj scored 8 points, had 6 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 assists. Pascahl Chukwu had 5 points and 8 rebounds.

- Frank Howard had a huge comeback game with 22 points, 13 in the first half. He only had one assists but he was the one who got the offense moving.

- Tyus Battle scored 14 second half points and went 11 for 11 from the line.

- Oshae Brissett was limited by foul trouble but hit 3 treys, scored 16 points and had 8 rebounds. If Oshae can “see” from outside, it adds an extra dimension to our offense.

- One more win and we clinch our 48th winning season in a row.

16-8 (5-6) with 8+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

I went to my neighbor’s house to watch the game as if I were going to the executioner. Major PTSD from Virginia and ACC season in general. It only vaguely occurred to me that we had a chance to win. And what a GUTSY win it was! For us to be up by ten and then lose that lead was agony. (Did we do that twice? Or just seem that way?)

Why do Frank and Howard show up in some games and not in others? Is it only related to the other team’s defense? How could they not show up in a game with 27,000 fans rooting for them? Yes, Virginia is good but we played better at their place. When Frank got going early I thought it was a major good sign, but I still did not believe.

My happiness at the victory was cut a little bit by the misery of my Louisville cousins, who were very good sports to me but were clearly heartbroken.

Could you believe that half court shot that went in for Louisville at the end of the second half???? I thought that was the start of a major mojo shift for the Cards, but our guys kept plugging away. It made me proud.

I know we’re not supposed to care or KNOW about injuries, but when Frank fell on that wrist that was already hurt, he looked to be in agony. I told my neighbor that with our luck, he had broken it and was probably playing with one of his little wrist bones sticking out. He sucked it up, praise the basketball gods!! I hope it’s okay.

Proud of this team, and not so proud of myself, but WE WON!!!

Unfortunately I had a meeting that started at 7 last night and when I found out that the SU game was also at 7, I just knew they were going to play well. I managed to surreptitiously check scores and was pleasantly surprised at the half.

Don't look now, but two of SU's big three are shooting 37% or better from 3 in conference ...

Unfortunately I had a meeting that started at 7 last night and when I found out that the SU game was also at 7, I just knew they were going to play well. I managed to surreptitiously check scores and was pleasantly surprised at the half.

Don't look now, but two of SU's big three are shooting 37% or better from 3 in conference ...
Shh!

I went to my neighbor’s house to watch the game as if I were going to the executioner. Major PTSD from Virginia and ACC season in general. It only vaguely occurred to me that we had a chance to win. And what a GUTSY win it was! For us to be up by ten and then lose that lead was agony. (Did we do that twice? Or just seem that way?)

Why do Frank and Howard show up in some games and not in others? Is it only related to the other team’s defense? How could they not show up in a game with 27,000 fans rooting for them? Yes, Virginia is good but we played better at their place. When Frank got going early I thought it was a major good sign, but I still did not believe.

My happiness at the victory was cut a little bit by the misery of my Louisville cousins, who were very good sports to me but were clearly heartbroken.

Could you believe that half court shot that went in for Louisville at the end of the second half???? I thought that was the start of a major mojo shift for the Cards, but our guys kept plugging away. It made me proud.

I know we’re not supposed to care or KNOW about injuries, but when Frank fell on that wrist that was already hurt, he looked to be in agony. I told my neighbor that with our luck, he had broken it and was probably playing with one of his little wrist bones sticking out. He sucked it up, praise the basketball gods!! I hope it’s okay.

Proud of this team, and not so proud of myself, but WE WON!!!

Brissett's mini-run at the beginning of the second half was huge. We kept control of the game.

See if you can schedule another meeting for 1PM Sunday.

I went to my neighbor’s house to watch the game as if I were going to the executioner. Major PTSD from Virginia and ACC season in general.

Does anyone have the feeling that ACC referees only let SU win over BC, Pitt and Louisville/maybe Virginia Tech, Miami, or only stay neutral on these games?

Does anyone have the feeling that ACC referees only let SU win over BC, Pitt and Louisville/maybe Virginia Tech, Miami, or only stay neutral on these games?
No. I’m not into ref conspiracy theories, although I do believe there are bad refs. ;)

But now here’s something interesting. There is a guy who has been coming to games in 309 for years. He sits down from me in Row A.I’m in Row B. Well, he LIVES to scream at the refs. This is clearly why he comes to the games. He yells and yells and his meek wife is with him and it’s rather sad. A couple games ago an usher asked him to leave (I didn’t see it) and at the last game, he wasn’t there, nor was his wife! I feel like that was the first time he hasn’t shown up for a game - ever. Because I gotta tell you, he loves him some ref yellin’.

So, here are my conspiracy questions: Why was he asked to leave? Is it possible you can be so insufferable they won’t let you back in? Did the referees down on the court ask the ushers to kick him out, because this guy gives the refs holy hell every single game? Who was the Angry Man and shall he ever return??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom