The Upside- Mississsippi | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Mississsippi

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It’s been a privilege watching Andrew White play this year. His smooth style, his classy personality and his amazing consistency, (even in this game, he scored 18 points), were a pleasure to watch. He’ll always be one of my favorite players. I wish we’d had him for four years and we’ll miss him big time next year. I hope he’s one of those guys who come back for games in the future. He might make a good color man someday because he expresses himself very well.

- John Gillon drove us crazy with his roller-coaster performances but nobody will ever forget what he did against NC State and Duke, two of the greatest performances ever by any Syracuse player.

- I hope Tyler Roberson and DaJuan Coleman got something out of their long careers here that they can carry with them the rest of their lives. And I hope we see them in the Dome, in the future, too.

- Tyler Lydon had his second straight double-double and 9th of the season. He was going up against Sebastian Saiz, who leads the nation in double doubles, (and got one with 10 points and 12 rebounds), who is the same height but 20 pounds heavier, and more than held his own. Lydon was 4 for 8 on two point shots while Saiz was 4 for 12. Lydon had 4 more points two more blocks. He could use another year here to establish himself at forward, the position he’d have to play in the NBA. But he’s done a good job fulfilling a team need at center in the meantime.

- Taurean Thompson had his best game with 18 points on 8 for 11 shooting, 8 rebounds, 5 steals, two blocks and an assists. Hit the weight room and learn the defense and you could become a monster player, TT.

- Tyus Battle had a frustrating first half but exploded for 17 second half points, including three three pointers and four more scores on drives to the basket. He’s got the whole package. And is the player we have who is most likely to be playing in the NBA someday. But not quite yet, if his words and tone in the interview in the second half of this clip mean anything:

- His roommate is Mathew Moyer. A lot of people were high on him this year before he got hurt. Essentially, he’ll be part of next year’s recruiting class. Sibidie and Brissett committed early so I assume they must have been high on the coach’s list and Washington must have been #2 on their list. If Butler wanted him, he must be pretty good. And Jimmy and the staff aren’t done yet.

- I still have hopes that someday Paschal Chukwu will be a force inside the 2-3 zone. He’s got two more years here.

- What will next year bring? Each team is different. That’s what makes it interesting. We don’t know who will be on the team. We don’t know what the newcomers will bring to the team. We don’t know how much the returning players will improve, (this is the factor that the fans often ignore). We don’t know what will happen in the long season in the toughest conference in the country or in the single elimination tournaments in the post season. Don’t worry about it. Let the coaches do that. Enjoy the spring and the summer instead.

19-15 (10-9) and that’s that

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Totally agree with you on Andrew. Huge fan of his game and his personality.

" What will next year bring? Each team is different."

i'll climb out on a little limb here and predict that JB doesn't use the phrase "best team in a long time"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom