The Upside - NC State | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - NC State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- No, that doesn’t cook our goose as far as the NCAAs. The Wolfpack beat both Duke and North Carolina and we can too. Miami and Clemson are not world-beaters and Boston College isn’t either.

- After a bad start with slow paly and quick fouls, Oshae Brissett came on to set a career high with 25 points on 8 for 13 shooting, including 4 of our 5 three pointers.

- Marek Dolezaj managed to hold his own in the middle, even when Omer Yurtseven was in the game. Omer had 7 points, 6 rebounds and 4 turnovers. Marek matched the rebounds and added 5 assists.

- Frank Howard had 16 points, including some pretty drives to the hoop when the pack was hounding Battle. He also had 6 assists and 3 steals.

- Matthew Moyer played with a passion, obviously trying to prove himself after the weekend’s debacle. He had 8 points and 4 rebounds and was impressive against the Wolfpack, press, which didn’t produce very many turnover son its own, (most of ours were in the halfcourt). Matthew showed a solid handle and made intelligent passes.

17-9 (6-7) with 7+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Matthew Moyer played with a passion, obviously trying to prove himself after the weekend’s debacle. He had 8 points and 4 rebounds and was impressive against the Wolfpack, press, which didn’t produce very many turnover son its own, (most of ours were in the halfcourt). Matthew showed a solid handle and made intelligent passes.

Well, except for one bad pass (turnover) which was a killer. Was part of the 8-0 run around the 8 minute mark that killed us.
That run was pretty much the turning point of the game as we had momentum and control of the game up to that point.
We never had the lead again after that.

Well, except for one bad pass (turnover) which was a killer. Was part of the 8-0 run around the 8 minute mark that killed us.
That run was pretty much the turning point of the game as we had momentum and control of the game up to that point.
We never had the lead again after that.

Which was not against the press. he drove the lane and had made up his mind he was going to dis back out. He might have scored but instead passed it to the only guy open- an NC State guy.

I am not reading many of these threads because it’s too hard, but so far I haven’t seen any mention of Matt falling flat on his back and hitting his head, and then jumping up like he had hit a trampoline. It showed great moxy, but my neighbor said that both the ref and JB should have taken Matt out of the game at that point. He said that is the protocol and it wasn’t followed. They need to check him for a concussion.

What say any of you?

It seemed clear that Matt was determined to demonstrate to his coach and the fans that he isn’t a wuss.

It seemed clear that Matt was determined to demonstrate to his coach and the fans that he isn’t a wuss.
Or perhaps he was determined to demonstrate to his mom and dad that he isn't injured.

Matthew Moyer played with a passion, obviously trying to prove himself after the weekend’s debacle. He had 8 points and 4 rebounds and was impressive against the Wolfpack, press, which didn’t produce very many turnover son its own, (most of ours were in the halfcourt). Matthew showed a solid handle and made intelligent passes.
He didn't look like someone who was pressured into playing, he looked like someone who was pressured into not playing (on Sunday). Maybe if he plays against Wake, our frontline guys aren't as gassed last night. Maybe we blow out Wake and the walk-ons finish the game, and then all of our guys aren't as gassed last night. Maybe Moyer's parents need to trust the process.

I am not reading many of these threads because it’s too hard, but so far I haven’t seen any mention of Matt falling flat on his back and hitting his head, and then jumping up like he had hit a trampoline. It showed great moxy, but my neighbor said that both the ref and JB should have taken Matt out of the game at that point. He said that is the protocol and it wasn’t followed. They need to check him for a concussion.
Actually, they showed a replay and announcers talked about it, didn't look like he really hit his head. Looked like his butt and then upper back took the brunt of the fall.

Which was not against the press. he drove the lane and had made up his mind he was going to dis back out. He might have scored but instead passed it to the only guy open- an NC State guy.
True that wasn't against the press, but was a killer.
I thought overall they were somewhat better against the press tonight in pushing the ball up the floor (and not getting any 10 second calls).
Moyer definitely was aggressive against the press when he got the ball, dribbling quickly up court when he had an open lane.
Really did respect the energy he brought last night

Actually, they showed a replay and announcers talked about it, didn't look like he really hit his head. Looked like his butt and then upper back took the brunt of the fall.
From where I sat I saw his back and then head hit the floor. I heard two distinct thumps. Everyone around me thought he hit his head. Maybe we all have false memories? Guess I’ll have to look at it again.

From where I sat I saw his back and then head hit the floor. I heard two distinct thumps. Everyone around me thought he hit his head. Maybe we all have false memories? Guess I’ll have to look at it again.
Saw replay he didn’t hit his head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom