The Upside - NC State | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - NC State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Frank Howard broke out of his shooting slump in a big way with 21 points on 8 for 16 shooting with 5 three pointers.

- Marek Dolezaj looked like the player I through he would develop into this season. He aggressively tried to score, made three two point shots and got to the foul line 6 times to wind up with 10 points. Actually there was something missing: his outside game. I expected Marek to become a double figure scorer after his excellent work in the tournament last year. I think being demoted to the bench to make way for Hughes set him back. So did having to play out of positon at center. It was only the second time Marek has reached double figures, (he also had 10 vs. Clemson). If he can play forward the rest of the way, we might see more games like this one.

- Jalen Carey got to play without being pulled out a minute later. I thought he played pretty well He hit a two pointer, got to the fouls line for four shots and grabbed a rebound.

- Robert Braswell got some serious minutes, including in the first half when Brissett got into foul trouble. He’s played well every time he’s been in this year. He hit a free throw and had 2 steals and 1 of our precious assists. He’s played 50 minutes this year, scored 21 points, pulled down 10 rebounds, made 6 steals, passed for 5 assists and blocked a shot. He’s going to be a good one.

17-8 (8-4) and with 6+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Those two Braswell steals were beautiful. Perfectly slid down to intercept the dump down low from the elbow.

Those two Braswell steals were beautiful. Perfectly slid down to intercept the dump down low from the elbow.

I think he actually had the 3. The ESPN box score now credits him with 3. Although its possible that the first one that I am thinking of was a deflection that ends up credited to Dolezaj or whoever else secured possession.

I think he actually had the 3. The ESPN box score now credits him with 3. Although its possible that the first one that I am thinking of was a deflection that ends up credited to Dolezaj or whoever else secured possession.

You're right it was 3. I thought it was but my Score app was telling me two lol. It updated.

It's funny how rebounds and steals work like that. A player could have a nice tip out or deflection, but that won't show up in the box. But coaches and fans know so w/e I guess.

And do you know what it shows? It shows that the players are being coached on what to do! So the question is, why aren't some of them doing it?

And do you know what it shows? It shows that the players are being coached on what to do! So the question is, why aren't some of them doing it?

I think JB nailed part of it in his press conference. Said something to the effect of the defense was good for a period, but then we got frustrated by how bad we were on offense and lost focus on defense. I think he's referring to a complete team loss of focus, which doesn't happen that often. But I think individual players lose focus much more frequently.

I think the big minute guys on this team seem unusually susceptible to loss of focus.

Braswell seemed to understand the zone rotation better than some 4 year players

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom