The Upside - Niagara | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Niagara

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Well, we got through the season without a loss to a non-power conference teams, (I’m counting Georgetown as a power conference team: they aren’t a ‘mid-major’). Duke and UNC can’t say that. Its’ one of things that will matter if we can climb onto the bubble.

- We got off a great start: 17-2. And the Purple Eagles never really got back into it.

- Elijah Hughes just missed a triple double with 19p-9r-9a. We haven’t had one in 18 years: Syracuse Basketball Triple Doubles

- Bourama Sidibie, against the Munchkins,. Dominated as you would hope. He had a double-double with 10 points on 5 for 6 shooting, 13 rebounds and also 5 blocks. He also had 3 steals. He had 4 steals vs. Oakland and 5 vs. Georgia Tech. You don’t often get a lot of steals from your center but Bourama is quick enough to get to the ball and anticipates passes well.

- Buddy Boeheim is a shooting guard and that’s what he did with 5 three pointers in 9 attempts for 15 points. A couple early ones got us going.

- Marek Dolezaj almost had a double-double himself with 9 points and 12 rebounds. One more point and the entire starting line-up would have bene in double figures.

- Robert Braswell hit a couple of three in 7 minutes of play. JB may have been even more pleased by the two rebounds he got.

- We needed to own the boards in this game and we did, 46-33. We also blocked 11 shots.

- We sure got a lot of rolls in this game. I don’t know whether that’s bum luck or does this team have a knack for putting the right spin on the ball?

- We need 17 regular season wins to clinch the continuation of "the Streak". Now that we've made it to 8-5, a 9-9, (10-10), ACC record would do that. I don't know how much more that will be needed to secure an NCAA bid or if we can do any better than that but if we can win half of them the rest of the way we'll have 50 straight winning seasons.

8-5 with 18+ to be done
LET’S GO ORANGE!

Last edited:
may seem a downside but i believe it has positive repercussions. joe g3 missed a free throw. streak over. pressure's off. won't have that string hanging over him when he next toes the line. one in a row ...lookout stevie thompson joey's coming and let the new streak commence !

Last edited:
may seem a downside but i believe it has positive repercussions. joe g3 missed a free throw. streak over. pressure's off. won't have that string hanging over him when he next toes the line. one in a row ...lookout stevie thompson joey's coming and let the new streak commence !

I don't think he was being crushed by the pressure. He's just not a 100% guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom