The Upside - Niagara | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Niagara

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It was a strange feeling. Watching and SU games and it was, what’s the word?
P-L-E-A-S-A-N-T….

- I don’t know how many games we’ll win this year or how far we’ll go in the post season tournaments but watching Kadary Richmond, Alan Griffin and Quincy Guerrier is going to be F-U-N this season.

- Guerrier took advent age of a total lack of any inside presence on Niagara to have a monster game with 23 points on 9 for 10 shooting with 13 rebounds. I have him with 35 net points.

- But the flashiest player was Richmond who showed NBA moves to the basket and court vision and playing with perfect confidence. Talk about filling up the stat sheet: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals and 3 blocks. I have him with 29 net points. He’s turning Joe Girard into a back-up ‘2’ guard.

- Griffin continues to struggle with his shot. In two games he’s 8 for 27 from the field 5 for 15 from three. It hasn’t prevented him from impressing. He had 10 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists. Everything he does is spectacular, good or bad. He needs to time his jumps to the basket better, (he seems to jump a little early) and perhaps not press so much on his shooting. But his athleticism combined with Guerrier and Richmond makes this team exciting.

- Woody Newton is another exciting addition. He had 9 points, 5 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals. He does everything aggressively if not always correctly. But he’s still another athletic player who could be a force on defense.

- Marek Dolezaj had a quiet game and seemed to have difficulty getting his mitts on the ball in the first half but found a way to do it and wound up with 10 rebounds to go with 7 points, 3 assists and 2 steals.

- We were missing 2 starters and still won by 30 points.

2-0 with 25+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

I think losing Buddy at this point in the season will actually help go a long way in developing other players...it is taking covid for Boeheim to actually start using a bench

I think losing Buddy at this point in the season will actually help go a long way in developing other players...it is taking covid for Boeheim to actually start using a bench

JB typically gives every a shot early and then narrows the rotation to 7-8 for the conference season, although he'll stick with his veterans when it's close. He wants to see what these guys can do in a game, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom