The Upside: No more Lydon to NBA talk | Syracusefan.com

The Upside: No more Lydon to NBA talk

OrangeFoo

All American
Watching that game I'd take Wiscy's freshman center over Lydon or any freshman on our squad.

Today just proved that if Lydon is not hitting 3s he's not going to be able to do much else against NBA size and athletes.

Said the same exact thing about Mccullough, Grant, and Ennis recently...(btw I do agree with u) .but one game means nada

Watching that game I'd take Wiscy's freshman center over Lydon or any freshman on our squad.

Today just proved that if Lydon is not hitting 3s he's not going to be able to do much else against NBA size and athletes.

You do realize he isn't going to play center in the NBA. In fact if he sticks around, he won't even play center in college after this season.

Something else that the last couple of years of early departures should tell you....nothing you see this early in the season is likely to mean much of anything relative to whether a guy will leave or return.

You do realize he isn't going to play center in the NBA. In fact if he sticks around, he won't even play center in college after this season.
He'd be even worse at the 3/4 as he hasn't shown that his handle is solid against a good D or even a poor one. His best move was the hook shot he showed.

pfister1 said:

But Lydon is a 3 in the NBA...and in order to play the 3, you need to be able to handle the ball.

He'd be even worse at the 3/4 as he hasn't shown that his handle is solid against a good D or even a poor one. His best move was the hook shot he showed.

I would take him at the 4 over Roberson every night of the week and twice on Sunday.....we just really don't have a center.

And just to be clear, I'm not arguing that he is ready for the NBA. I just hate hearing so and so isn't ready...because whether you are ready or not hasn't mattered since Hak was a junior.

wiskcys freshman center? are you out of your mind? if you think you are sane, you might want so seek help.

He was never going pro after one year. It was a fiction perpetrated by a few on here . Was not will not going to happen.

OrangeFoo said:

So he's got great upside, showed flashes of brilliance, and did it in back to back to back games. Then he turned into: a Freshmen. Do you want him around for a couple of years or do you want him to go the NBA so we can complain about 1 and dones?

How about we let the kid be a FR. Enjoy when he does positive non-FR things and marvel at the upside. And when he turns back into a FR, we accept that he is a FR and think about the upside.

Syracuse fans: worlds best at finding the worst in everything.

44cuse

thought he and richardson had a slight hitch in alot of their shots today. They weren't as smooth of a release. I remember one where Lydon appeare to step back half of a step an as he put up the three it appere to me he shot it a half second quicker then his more confident ones the last few games.

wiskcys freshman center? are you out of your mind? if you think you are sane, you might want so seek help.
We are talking about the 7 footer who is pretty mobile and boards like a beast and has the McHale up and under move down pay, right? Guarantee he is an aa by his senior year.

Guarantee he is an aa by his senior year.

He's a nice looking young player but this seems a tad reactionary. He was going up against a 210 pound freshman playing out of position.

I would take him at the 4 over Roberson every night of the week and twice on Sunday...we just really don't have a center.

And just to be clear, I'm not arguing that he is ready for the NBA. I just hate hearing so and so isn't ready...because whether you are ready or not hasn't mattered since Hak was a junior.
Amen brother, it's all about potential, and Lydon has a TON of upside in his game.