The Upside - Pitt II | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Pitt II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We had good offensive numbers. Alan Griffin, despite, asking out of the game early because he “wasn’t feeling well”, was the game’s leading scorer with 28 points and also had 7 rebounds. I’ll take it.

- Quincy Guerrier had another strong game with 18 points and 12 rebounds. He also had four blocks and 3 assists. Maybe that isn’t a strong game for Quincy. Maybe it’s an average game.

- Marek Dolezaj listened to his coach and scored 14 points. He had only 3 rebounds but added 3 blocks and 3 assists. Amazingly, we had 9 blocks to just 4 for the Panthers.

- Buddy was 0 for 8 from three but 4 for 4 from two and from the line to give us four double-figures scorers. The problem is, four other guys played 51 minutes and scored a total of 4 points.

- We got to the line 22 times and scored 19 points.

- BC had an awful game against us. They just hit 18 threes to blow out Miami, our next opponent, by 22. Each game is a separate story unto itself. Today’s just wasn’t a very good one.

7-4 with ? to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Good insights but I have trouble putting Buddy in the upside today and I'm not a Buddy basher. But sometimes double figures scoring isn't that great when it's not done efficiently.

Good insights but I have trouble putting Buddy in the upside today and I'm not a Buddy basher. But sometimes double figures scoring isn't that great when it's not done efficiently.

Sometimes it's tough to scrape together enough on the 'upside'. (It can also be tough sometimes to get some 'downsides' but I like that a lot better.) It is an upside of sorts that on a night when Buddy went 0 for 8 from the arc, he still managed to score 12 points.

I am not sold on Griffin as a starter. He leads the team in t/o. He seems to take extended time off. To give him the benefit of the doubt, he had learned the zone yet, not covering the ground the way someone his size/ speed should. Also not sold on his ball handling skills. At the moment better suited as 6th man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom