The Upside (Pittsburgh) | Syracusefan.com

The Upside (Pittsburgh)

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We expected to be 0-2 at this point and we are. 10-21 is an improvement over 6-31. Let’s keep the trend going in that direction.

- The defense looked good again. They didn’t collapse in the fourth quarter. They were very aggressive but not recklessly so. They’ve created 5 turnovers, 16TFLs and 5 sacks. They kept us in the game and even in range at the end. They kept providing our pathetic offense with opportunity after opportunity. UNC and Pitt have no reason to respect our offense but I bet they have a high regard for our defense.

- I like the looks of Sean Tucker, who had 23 yards in 4 carries. He is bigger than Jawhar Jordan, (5-10, 202) and showed some moves. He’s also got plenty of speed. More of him, please. He may be the future of the RB position.

- Taj Harris showed what he could do on the 69 yarder. He got some space between his defender and the sideline, caught the ball in stride, tight-roped for a bit and was off to the races. That’s why he’s out there. We just need to be able to get the ball to him.

- Nykeim Johnson never broke into the clear but on each of his 6 touches, he look like he could.

- We cut down on the penalties, (5 for 53 yards, mostly on a drive where they didn’t score) and special teams mistakes. Nolan Cooney looked good again as the punter. But I hate being “Punter U.”.

- Things will get a bit easier the next few weeks. Georgia Tech looks better but not as good as UNC or Pitt. Duke looks bad and then comes Liberty. And we’ll be getting a bunch of offensive linemen back: the Davis, Red and Froumy. Hopefully we’ll look more like the line and the offense we had at the end of last season.

- Just get better - and keep doing so.

0-2 with 9(?) to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors