The Upside- Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Rutgers

SWC75

Bored Historian
- That defense will keep us in games and give us a chance to win them. Stopping the other team has been a big problem for Dino Baber’s teams but this gang looked like could stop anybody. They held a team that scored 61 points a week ago to 195 total yards and 17 points. They recorded 4 sacks and 17 tackles for a loss. Rutgers averaged 1.2 yards per carry and 5.2 yards per pass attempt.

- Our tackling was again crisp. Mikel Jones again led with 11, 7 of them solo. But we also got a lot of hats in the picture on many plays. I think Mikel has to break his habit of jumping on top of guys who are being tackled by and in control of others. He could get called for piling on. I like the enthusiasm, though.

- Sean Tucker didn’t have a big game but 4.2 yards per carry in this game was pretty good and he made a great run to get our one score.

- Taj Harris certainly had his ups and downs but 8 catches for 122 yards is a good game.

- This was my first view of the renovated Dome. It’s pretty with everything painted and clean, (for now), The new video board, (I wouldn’t call it a score board, although it did show some occasionally), was impressive. I found myself watching it when the action was at the other end of the field. It took a while for game stats to show up. They were on the inside of the board and also in one corner of the ribbon board. On the whole, I can’t say that my fund of information was increased but the visual richness of the Dome was certainly increased. The indented concessions were a good idea. I fumbled my attempt to buy something, forgetting that I have to double click on my side button but the cashier h

Getting my wrist band was easy. I have my vaccination card in that lanyard SU gave the season ticket holders a couple of years back to hold our tickets. Getting into the building using my Apple Wallet was a breeze. I went in about an hour and half early and spent a half hour waling around the place. I was impressed but not blown away the way I was with the things that were done at the Syracuse Mets baseball stadium.

I wore my mask from when i left my car at Manley until I got back into it. That's the longest time I've ever worn it, 9retired), but it wasn't too bad. Everyone had a mask on to enter. By the time the game started, half the fans had them off and by the end of the game only a small number of us had them on. I didn't see the ushers challenging anyone over it. I hope this isn't a 'super-spreader'.

1-1 with 10+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors