The Upside- South Carolina State | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- South Carolina State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- After a slow start we took care of business in the second half, pulling away from a 15 point halftime advantage, (that was often less than that), to wiin by 42. We had a 50 point lead when the walk-ons came in.

- We had our best rebounding advantage of the year, 54-32.

- We cut down out turnovers to 10 and did the best job so far in the second half of sharing the ball and hitting the open man for high percentage shots.

- Six different players reached double figures and three of them had double-doubles . the Tylers hit it with points and rebounds, Frank Howard with points and assists.

- John Gillon showed NBA range and NBA confidence. Hopefully he’ll show both at the same time.

- Paschal Chukwu had an up-and-down game but when he was up he blocked 4 shots and altered 4 more. He could be a huge force someday but he’s already a factor, at 5rleast against this type of team.

- Tyler Lydon had an “on” game with 4 three pointers in 5 attempts. Overall we were 13 for 24 from the arc, 54%. When we do that, we are going to win and win big.

- Andrew White led the team with 15 points, including three treys. I didn’t even notice. He does that in every game.

- DaJuan Coleman showed off his highly developed post moves. He kept the ball high so that the smaller defenders couldn’t get to it and moved around people rather than through them to score 7 points in 12 minutes on3 for 4 shooting. He also hit a medium jumper.

- Taurean Thompson, showing no effects from his ankle injury, continued to shine on offense. So far this year he’s scored 37 in 73 minutes on 16 for 24 shooting (.667), and it includes medium range jumpers, not just putbacks. Everything he does is smooooth…..

- Tyler Roberson is 9 for 9 from the line, knock on wood or field turf.

4-0 with 27+ to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Although for the most part the crowd felt very sleepy (and I confess I yawned twice), we all paid great attention to DaJuan's game. He was THE MAN out there and we loved it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom