The Upside - St. Bonaventure | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - St. Bonaventure

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We looked good. St. Bonaventure looked bad but we looked good. We are getting better and we had better be.

- Tyus battle looked great. Maybe better than great. He was 8 for 8 from the field, (0 for 0 from three, which may be a key) and 5 for 6 from the foul line for 21 points vs. 1 miss. He also filled up the stat sheet, something he often doesn’t do) with no less than 6 steals, 2 rebounds and 2 assists. He had no turnovers or fouls. Net Points: 30.

- One of the things that has hurt us this year is the failure of Marek Dolezaj, who has all the skills he needs, to develop as a confident, aggressive player. I think it’s because Elijah Hughes took his starting positon. Hughes can score more and is a good all-around player but Dolezaj languished on the bench. He started this game and responded with 9 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and steal.

- And Hughes didn’t do badly himself, with 16 points, including 3 three pointers and a resounding dunk. He and Dolezaj played 25 minutes and Oshae Brissett 24. I’m not sure that’s the optimum split of playing time but I do think these guys need to be seen as a rotation of three forwards rather than 2 forwards and a reserve. They each bring a different skill set and we need to develop and use them all.

- Buddy Boeheim got to play 17 minutes and scored 12 points on four baskets, only one of which was a three. I’ll say it again: a two pointer that goes in is worth more than a three pointer that doesn’t.

- The Bonnies had 25 turnovers and 17 of them were Syracuse steals. We got great movement in the half court set which resulted in plenty of open shots. We also got out and ran and had 17 fast break points. It looked like the old days and JB approved of it in the post-game comments.

9-4 and with 18+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

no offense, but that's not the big question

It’s not even a rhetorical question.

Barring foul trouble and/or injury, Buddy is going to see nearly as much pine time as Howard Washington for the remainder of this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom