The Upside- Toledo | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- Toledo

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We won against considerable adversity, losing both centers to too much refereeing and our leading scorer to a bad fall but beating a good team 72-64. The team showed guts. I wonder if last year’s team could have won this game. This year’s steam responded to the one time we lost the lead with an 11-0 run.

- It helps to have a strong defensive team again. Toledo was 6 of 29 from two point range. That’s 21%! So the went outside and got hot for a while. Making 8 of their first 13 threes. But they were only 4 for 12 the rest of the way. We blocked 6 shots and made 6 steals while rebounding 34 of 40 Toledo missed (85%). It allowed us to actually pull away while we were losing people.

- People say “Frank Howard was playing like this this time last year – then look what happened.” Howard scored 25 points tonight, pulled won 4 rebounds and passed for 6 assists to 1 turnover. His career high coming into this year was 12 points. He’s set new career highs three times this year. We’ll see what happens but I think it’s going to be good.

- Oshae Brissett had a break out game with 17 points and 14 rebounds, dominating down the stretch of the game. He can score inside or out and drive from the outside in to score as well. Jimmy Satalin said that he’s the best natural rebounder we’ve had in years.

- Jim was going to pull Matthew Moyer but he finally started making plays, slamming down three dunks and scoring 11 points with 7 rebounds. Those three guys basically won this game for us.

- Different players star in each game…Battle….Sidibe…Dolezaj,…Chuwku…Howard….Brissett….Moyer. Thorpe has had his moments, too, (and we may need him to with Battle’s injury).

5-0 with 26+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Last edited:
Frank absolutely was NOT like this last year! He was unconscious last night and has been good throughout this season, getting better every day. He is Captain of this team and he is clearly taking it seriously. I believe he has won this team’s respect. He has certainly won mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom