The Upside - UNC II | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - UNC II

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We seemed to be on our way to a 30+ point blow-out at 39-59 and Chukwu out with 10 minutes left. Instead we went on an 18-7 run that made victory still seem possible. Then it slipped away again but at least we made a run at them.

- Oshae Brissett, who had been terrible against Wake Forest, had perhaps his best game with 20 points, 10 rebounds and for 5 from three point range, each coming when we desperately needed one.

- Bourama Sidibie, who seemed helpless vs. Wake, played a credible 22 minutes in place of Chukwu, pulling down 10 rebounds, 5 on each end and scoring a couple of follow shots. He’s shorter than Chukwu but I still think that when healthy, he’ll be a better player. Remember when everybody was upset that we’d recruited Sidibie and Brissett because they weren’t ranked in the top 100? They are both going to be fine players for us.

20-13 (9-11) with 1+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

The future is bright for us! As I get older, I become anxious about the “wait til next year” mentality because . . What if . . . ?? Meh, you know what I’m saying. All of our guys are coming back minus Battle, and the new recruits are good. The addition of Buddy will make things particularly flavorful.

I am so very glad we went on that run in order to have a little self-respect. I hope they didn’t have to take Sidibie out on a stretcher. Who knows what that valiant effort cost him?

Wait til next year!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom