The Upside- UNC | Syracusefan.com

The Upside- UNC

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Grantland Rice wrote: “"For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name,
he writes not that you won or lost but how you played the game." I hope that the One great Scorer is on the NCAA committee and realizes that going toe-to-toe with the #10 team in the country means that we aren’t much worse than they are.

- Tyus Battle, as a great player should, took this team onto his shoulders down the stretch and willed us to tie us the game. With his amazing drives to the basket from as much as 25 fee tout. His first step was amazing and his speed going by people and his acrobatic shots were just as amazing. Now if he’s only change his name to “Winus”…

- Oshae Brissett had been playing at a very high level and continued to do so. He’s shooting the ball much better than he was, (which made his air ball at the end a shocker, especially to Jim Boeheim who wanted him to drive). He scored 17 points, had 10 rebounds, (his 11th double-double), 3 blocks and 3 assists. He committed no fouls, no turnovers and missed no free throws. His only negatives were his missed field goals.

- Frank Howard hit five threes and scored 23 points, many of them on big shots, just when we had to have them. He had only three assists but then we were driving to the basket and missing jump shots.

- Paschall Chukwu had been having an awful game when he blossomed in the press. I think he’s similar to Jeremy O’Neill form our national title team: in a normal half court defense, he makes mistakes, getting out of positon and committing fouls, giving up lay-ups, etc. But in the press, his only responsibility and his only option is to protect the basket and wait for the defense to come to him. He holds his ground and people can’t shoot over him. Carolina would beat the press and go right at Chukwu and he would swallow them like a big fish swallowing a smaller one.
- North Carolina had a huge edge in experience in this game. Their line-up consisted of 3 seniors and 2 juniors. Duke has Grayson Allen and 4 freshmen. We can beat them.

18-10 (7-8) with 5+ to go

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Good Old Jeremy O'Neil. I'll never forget the big Texan.;)

Thank you for these write ups, SWC. This season you are our one constant.

This was a game I had totally withdrawn from. Oh, I was there, cheering my tushie off, but inside I thought, “We don’t have this.” I was not heartbroken when we lost. However, I would have been elated as all get out had we won! Will the NCAA look at how evenly we played this team? As well as so many other of our losses?

I like your take on Duke.

- Grantland Rice wrote: “"For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name,
he writes not that you won or lost but how you played the game." I hope that the One great Scorer is on the NCAA committee and realizes that going toe-to-toe with the #10 team in the country means that we aren’t much worse than they are.

- Tyus Battle, as a great player should, took this team onto his shoulders down the stretch and willed us to tie us the game. With his amazing drives to the basket from as much as 25 fee tout. His first step was amazing and his speed going by people and his acrobatic shots were just as amazing. Now if he’s only change his name to “Winus”…

- Oshae Brissett had been playing at a very high level and continued to do so. He’s shooting the ball much better than he was, (which made his air ball at the end a shocker, especially to Jim Boeheim who wanted him to drive). He scored 17 points, had 10 rebounds, (his 11th double-double), 3 blocks and 3 assists. He committed no fouls, no turnovers and missed no free throws. His only negatives were his missed field goals.

- Frank Howard hit five threes and scored 23 points, many of them on big shots, just when we had to have them. He had only three assists but then we were driving to the basket and missing jump shots.

- Paschall Chukwu had been having an awful game when he blossomed in the press. I think he’s similar to Jeremy O’Neill form our national title team: in a normal half court defense, he makes mistakes, getting out of positon and committing fouls, giving up lay-ups, etc. But in the press, his only responsibility and his only option is to protect the basket and wait for the defense to come to him. He holds his ground and people can’t shoot over him. Carolina would beat the press and go right at Chukwu and he would swallow them like a big fish swallowing a smaller one.
- North Carolina had a huge edge in experience in this game. Their line-up consisted of 3 seniors and 2 juniors. Duke has Grayson Allen and 4 freshmen. We can beat them.

LET’S GO ORANGE!
Thanks for this, it helps with my depression after a Syracuse loss. It is a form of therapy. ( I read the downside first and end with the upside so I end with positive thoughts and energy)

Last edited:
big upside. the dome wasn't emptying out at the 5 minute mark on national tv.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

One of my very favorite things about thickbrisket is seeing him come out of a scrum with the ball during a contested rebound. If the are 3-4 guys all fighting for the ball, I'm always confident he'll end up with the ball in his hands. He's got great timing and is strong with the ball once he has it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom