The Upside - Virginia I | Syracusefan.com

The Upside - Virginia I

SWC75

Bored Historian
- This was as tough an opener that a young team like this. Not only a top program but a team that plays barbed-wire defense. I made up my mind before the game that I wasn’t going to evaluate this team by how they did in this game. How they do when we play these guys again on January 11 will be more meaningful. (Not that anything happened tonight to make me think that will go well.)

- Some players impressed. Marek Dolezaj played center much of the time and grabbed 10 rebounds.

- Elijah Hughes was the game’s leading scorer with 14 points and had 5 rebounds and one each of assists, steals and blocks. He made three pointers and each got us closer when the game started to slip away.

- Joe Girard came in added some energy. With his aggressive moves and close to the ground dribble he was able to challenge the Virginia defenders better than most of his teammates. He didn’t seem intimidated by the setting or the challenge at all.

- Jesse Edwards came in late and hit a medium range jumper and blocked another shot with both hands. he looked as if he could have helped us if he’d come in earlier in the game.

- We had only 9 turnovers against a tough defense.

- The building of this team is just beginning.

0-1 with 30 to be done
LET’S GO ORANGE!

- We had only 9 turnovers against a tough defense

I was pleasantly surprised by how confident and competent JGIII was with the ball in his hands. I would not be shocked if he is our starting point guard by beginning of ACC play.

If you want something to laugh at watch Jalen Carey’s free throws when he got sent to the line early.

Honestly if they coach any notion of being a star out of Eli we’ll be OK. His shots either went in because they were good looks or were turnovers because he forced it and was being stupid. The teams gonna follow his lead. He makes good decisions it’ll trickle down and we’ll be OK.

I like Buddy and Girard. Wanna see more Braswell Edwards and Goodine.

No Carey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom