The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- After the horrendous start, I thought, given all we’d heard about the team’s morale, that they would fall apart and lose by 50 points. They didn’t. Their degree of effort never lagged, even if their efficiency left a lot to be desired.

- Antown Bailey ran hard and wound up with a 1000 yard season. We also re-discovered him as a pass receiver, although why we didn’t go back to him after his early success, I don’t know. He also had another one of those “look out below” blocks that look good on the highlight films. He’s had a fine career at SU and will be missed.

- Jerome Smith can really move the pile. We’ll see a lot more of him next year.

- Alec Lemon, after taking the Cincinnati game off, had another fine performance with 8 catches for 99 yards.

- Nick Provo closed his career out with 5 receptions for 37 yards and most of Chris Gedney’s tight end reception records.

- Chandler Jones mad a big play when we really needed one with that interception that set up the score that got us back within three. I wish we’d have more player like that from Chandler this year.

- Ross Krautman shook off his early troubles and injury to make 9 of his last 10 field goals. He also made all 32 extra points, (sort of) and a couple of tackles on kick-off returns.

- Our early punting problems disappeared once it was decided to give the job to Jonathan Fisher full-time.

- I said at the beginning of the season that we’d basically be rooting for this same team for two years because we had so many young players and so many key guys coming back next year. I know the response: Do you really want these guys back? But these are college players and they tend to improve.

- So many things went wrong this year that there’s nothing left to go wrong next year.

6-7 and this ain’t heaven

LET GO ORANGE!!!! (Next Year)

Kudo's to Bailey as he was truly a bright spot and gave everything he had every game all year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom