The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- 27-1, 14-1 in the conference. That’s the best total record and tied for the best conference record by any Big East team in history at this point in the season.

- It was uncomfortably close but we are getting everybody’s A-game and that was not the Rutgers team that had lost 6 of 7. It was the Rutgers team that had beaten Florida, crushed Pitt and beaten Notre Dame. And it was the Rak.

- And it was another game we would have lost in another season. I had the feeling that Herve Lamizana was warming up in the tunnel down the stretch. But he stayed there.

- We closed the game on a 10-2 run in the last 3:08 after closing out Louisville with a 6-0 finish in the last 3:38.

- “And if you can keep you head about you are losing theirs” CJ. Fair scored 14 points and pulled down 6 rebounds in the first half when everyone else was playing poorly. He was 6 for 8 from the field and 8 for 8 from the foul line, (his teammates were 13 for 23).

- Scoop Jardine came off an 0 for 8 performance vs. Louisville to score 17 points including a huge, gutsy three from NBA range that basically clinched it. He also added 7 assists and 3 steals.

- Kris Joseph quietly scored 14, including a couple of big threes and added 5 rebounds.

- Fab Melo was terrible in the first half but came back strong in the second half with 8 points, 5 rebounds and a block. He had a block and three big rebounds in the final 1:12 to help us nail it shut.

- Hopefully we’ve broken out of our shooting slump with a modest 5 for 12 from three and 38 points outside of the paint vs. 14 against Louisville.

27-1 and 12 to be done….. Impossible is nothing!!!!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Once again a big thank you- I always look forward to your after game posts.

- 27-1, 14-1 in the conference. That’s the best total record and tied for the best conference record by any Big East team in history at this point in the season.

That is an incredible factoid.

Great job SWC, I eagerly look forward to your post game up and downsides. You are a valuable poster here and I appreciate your expertise and your effort.

Upside is that Blue Curtain and Igor have been quiet.

You won't like his downside.
No. It was Bees sad attempt at, I guess humor. I like both your upside/downside. Very insightful.

I read the "upside/downside" posts after every game. Im always conflicted as to which one I should read first. When I read the Downside, I typically my head to the left and read the post out of the peripheral vision of my right eye because I guess I think it eases the blow a bit. It's just to hard to dive in with both eyes. :noidea: But I agree with 99% of it.

edit: LOL...the blocked out word is c o c k but obviously used in an appropriate way.

Anytime you win at that bandbox,Anytime, is a Good win. couchburn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom