The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- After sweating out every game of the football season it’s fun to just yawn through an early season basketball game like this and just focus on how individual players are doing. This one was a nail-biter compared to the last two Colgate games, which were 46-8 and 52-19 at halftime. This one was only 38-24. But we still won by 36, who who’s complaining?

- This was our 47th consecutive win in the series, which I think is a national record. It was actually kind of encouraging to see the Red Raiders get off to a good start in this one. They’ve been through some rough times and deserve better. In this game they were over-matched but not overwhelmed.

- Michael Carter-Williams dominated the game even though he only had 8 points. He controlled everything and had 13 assists. Only 6 SU players have had more, a total of 8 times. And he could easily have had 5-6 more if some makeable shots were made. Sherman Douglas may be getting a little nervous about his assist records. He had one turnover, although Colgate isn’t exactly “40 minutes of Hell”, as Arkansas claims to be.

- James Southerland was “on” again, making 4 three pointers and scoring 18 points in 23 minutes.

- Brandon Triche was solid with 15 points, including 6 for 6 from the line. It was a quiet 15 which was fine because when he goes for a loud 15, he doesn’t play as well.

- DaJuan Coleman is beginning tog get the hang of it with 12 points and 7 rebounds in 18 minutes.

- Rakeem Christmas is really showing some moves in the lane. He was 4 for 5 from the field and scored 10 points with 9 rebounds in 22 minutes.

- Jerami Grant had his first good game and even hit a three pointer. JB used him with Baye and Raq on the front line. Man, that was long and quick on both ends.

4-0 and here we go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

Jerami Grant seems to have a knack for the ball on defense, I loved it. He was just poking the ball out here and there, tapping away rebounds. All the things we wished Kris Joseph would have done.

DjC and Rock combined for 22 pts and 16 rebs in 40 minutes? Thank you sir, may I have another?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom