The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- The Orange snapped out of a poor first half to win the second half 50-29 over what seemed like a pretty decent Canisius team.

- Michael Carter-Williams had one assist at halftime. He had 13 in the second half. He got his fifth straight double-double. Sports Illustrated had an item that Michael has an “assist rate” of 53.7%, which is the highest in the NCAA in 7 years. It didn’t define what “assist” rate” means but it’s either the Hollinger assist rate, which is the percentage of a player‘s possessions that end in an assist or the Pomeroy assist rate, which is the percentage of a teammate‘s baskets that Mike assisted on when he was on the court. I’m not sure what that number is now but I don’t imagine it’s gone down. It seems that the only guy who can guard MCW is this guy:
http://instagram.com/p/TDpoVHIzWC/

- James Southerland had a strong comeback game. He’d been 0 for 10 since hitting 9 three-pointers vs. Arkansas but he hit three of them in this game and scored 6 other baskets on his way to a 21 point night, 16 in the second half. I hope to see Southerland and Cooney “on” at the same time in a game, hopefully against a good team. Turn out the lights…the party’s over…

- Brandon Triche scored 19 points and had 5 a assists, a great game nobody noticed because we’ve come to expect it. He’ll finish his career as the winningest SU basketball player ever and his record will be hard to top because he’s started, wire to wire.

- Rakeem Christmas keeps improving on offense. He scored 10 points on 5 for 7 shooting. On one play he sealed his man and went around him for a lay-up. On a another, he made a 15 footer. He’s the sort of guy who shows you something hadn’t seen before in every game.

9-0 and here we go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

SWC, you deserve a "like" from every poster almost every post.

SWC, you deserve a "like" from every poster almost every post.

I get alot of kind recognition from others all the time and I rarely use the "like" button myself. I'm going to get into the habit.

I have to believe there are some other "like" snobs out there that have also not embraced the system.

However, I also have to believe that a bunch of worthy people have agreed with what few posts I have made.

SWC, if you are a current abstainer of "likes" I must in fact decrease my own self estimation. Several other terrific posters must also have declined to participate in this system.

I, therefore, have been "liked" by a much larger proportion of sycophants and marginal intellects than I would have preferred.

SWC, say it ain't so!

- The Orange snapped out of a poor first half to win the second half 50-29 over what seemed like a pretty decent Canisius team.

- Michael Carter-Williams had one assist at halftime. He had 13 in the second half.

- Rakeem Christmas keeps improving on offense. He scored 10 points on 5 for 7 shooting. On one play he sealed his man and went around him for a lay-up. On a another, he made a 15 footer. He’s the sort of guy who shows you something hadn’t seen before in every game.

9-0 and here we go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

I believe Rak also made a move for a basket with his left hand and then a short time later made a move with his right hand. That was new as well.

Amazing out of the 13 MCW assists in the 2nd half, how many led to very easy baskets. Something tells me that these other guys really like playing with him.

I think DC2 should get a shout out as he went up very strong for a basket at one point without feeling a need to put the ball on the floor first. Glad to see that he is learning. I haven't read your downside yet, but I'm sure you mentioned Coleman's free throw shooting. For some reason, I was led to believe he was a much better FT shooter and hopefully he can get that turned around. It would be a shame if we had to sit him at the end of close games due to not being able to make a FT.

I have to believe there are some other "like" snobs out there that have also not embraced the system.

However, I also have to believe that a bunch of worthy people have agreed with what few posts I have made.

SWC, if you are a current abstainer of "likes" I must in fact decrease my own self estimation. Several other terrific posters must also have declined to participate in this system.

I, therefore, have been "liked" by a much larger proportion of sycophants and marginal intellects than I would have preferred.

SWC, say it ain't so!

It really is a habit you have to develop.

helmet-stickers.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom