The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
(It is Saturday, isn't it? :noidea:)

-That didn’t hurt as much as most losses because I expected it. We were down two players going into Pittsburgh and the Panthers always give us a rough time. I was surprised we were even in it most of the way. Some upside, huh?

-CJ Fair quietly had one of his best games, going 9 for 13 against that tough Pitt defense, (his teammates were 9 for 36), and scoring 20 points. Without him we wouldn’t have even been competitive.

-Jerami Grant couldn’t find the basket, (1 for 8) but he filled up the stat sheet with 5 rebounds, (don’t laugh- it tied for the team lead), 2 blocks and 2 steals. His continued emergence could make up for a lot of the team’s problems.

-Michael Carter-Williams has his problems but he tied Grant for the rebounding lead, (good for him: bad for us) and added 3 steals and scored 13 points.

-We had 11 steals and forced 20 turnovers overall, a big part of the mystery of how we stayed in this one.

-We also got to the line 20 times in a game where they were letting ‘em play and made 16 of them, 80%.

-We may be treading water now but the 12-1 non-confernce start and 5-0 Big East start means we could be a .500 team the rest of the way and still wind up 23-8, 11-7, which is a pretty good record for a rebuilding team, (yes, it’s a rebuilding year in the country’s toughest conference. This will not be one of our NIT teams, as bad as things look for the moment.

18-3 with 10 and more to be done.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Bless you for the positive perspective. How very refreshing after the gloom and doom crowd came charging out. I thought we should be undefeated and holding teams scoreless.

"-Jerami Grant couldn’t find the basket, (1 for 8) but he filled up the stat sheet with 5 rebounds, (don’t laugh- it tied for the team lead), 2 blocks and 2 steals. His continued emergence could make up for a lot of the team’s problems."

JB is qouted that this game showed that Jerami is not ready to play in the league. Your comment would seem to say otherwise. My concern is if JB thinks this way and JS does return, are we looking at 35+ min/game for both JS and CJ and Jerami getting less than t10 a game? I ceratinly hope not! IMHO, a good rotation of the 3 of them would wrok really well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom