The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- A big, dominating comeback win after two tough losses. It was like having an ace baseball pitcher ‘stop’ a potential losing streak.

- Again, 2 point field goal shooting: Against Pitt we shot 43% and they shot 60%. Tonight we shot 60% and Notre Dame shot 38%. Everyone is talking about the defensive job on Jack Cooley, who still had a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. But holding Tom Knight to 1 for 8 was key, too.

- The battle of the Grants: Jerami had 14 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists and a crowd-pleasing block. Jerian 15 points, 2 rebs and 5 assists. But unlike the Super Bowl, little brother’s team won. It’s exciting to see our grant continue to emerge. Even his free throws have come around and then some: he was 10 for 28 at one point and is 18 for 21 since. He’s the sort of player who can make you into a different team. We finally have a power forward!

- Rakeem Christmas finally had a big game, playing Cooley hard and scoring 12 points on 6 for 9 shooting with 5 rebounds and four blocks. He also did something other teams are constantly doing to us: he hit a jump shot at the shot clock buzzer. It’s frustrating when that happens to use. We don’t normally use the whole clock so we rarely

- Grant and Christmas were 1 for 8 vs. Pitt. They were 12 for 17 tonight. MCW was 3 for 12 vs. Pitt. He was 1 for 3 tonight. The makes were important but the attempts tell a story, too. Michael was a point guard tonight. Everybody was involved. All 7 guys scored.

- CJ Fair just keeps grounding out the good games. Tonight: 18 points, 10 rebounds, 3 steals. And he does it playing within himself. He does what’s there.

- Suddenly, we can shoot fouls. We were 15 for 17 after 16 for 20 vs. Pitt. Like Jim says, “It’s cyclical”.

- Assist to turnovers: 5-14 vs. Pitt, 16-9 tonight. And the rebounds were +8 after being -15 vs. Pitt.

- Does everybody feel better now?

19-3 with 9 and more to be done.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

I don't have anything to add to your post; just wanted to say I love that picture of Boeheim lol. It somehow fits all of your Upside posts.

...and your downside was an UPSIDE too...redundant but really, really good!

This team is gonna be so much better once JS and DC2 come back. This extra PT for Grant is gonna be huge in the Tourney.

I don't have anything to add to your post; just wanted to say I love that picture of Boeheim lol. It somehow fits all of your Upside posts.

Strange how it went away, (at least as of 2:14PM on Wednesday, 2/6/13) There's not even a box for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom