The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- This one started off like a continuation of the Connecticut game, with SU getting plenty of shots off but not making many and Seton Hall on fire from outside. But we revved up the defense and shut them down and finally got our offense going with a 17-2 run and never surrendered the lead once we took it.

- Brandon Triche had a career high 29 points, including 4 three pointers. But he set it up by driving aggressively to the basket early. His success doing that set up open jumpers later in the game. He added 6 rebounds and 5 assists. (I take full credit for this, having motivated him to have a great game with my post on his shooting woes earlier today.)

- Michael Carter-Williams had only 3 assists, all in the first half but put up a power forward’s numbers otherwise with 14 points, including 4 dunks, and 9 rebounds. I’m still hoping for a triple-double before the season is out. He was also 8 for 10 from the foul line.

- CJ Fair had another strong game with 19 points and 11 rebounds. It was his 15 straight double figure scoring game in a row and five of them were double-doubles.

- Southerland added 3 threes and rebounds off the bench.

- We got off 62 shots to 44 for Seton Hall after a 65-45 edge on Connecticut, a total of 127-89. We won’t lose very often if we get that many opportunities to score. We’ve gotten 37 offensive rebounds in those games and committed only 14 turnovers, just four in this game.

21-4 with 6 and more to be done.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom