The Upside | Syracusefan.com

The Upside

SWC75

Bored Historian
- It was an old fashioned Syracuse –Georgetown game, ugly, combative. The winner was the survivor. And that was us.

- Somehow, Baye Moussa Keita was the hero of the game. He scored more points than Otto Porter! A 49% free-throw shooter made 7 of 7 free throws, including the only four points we scored in the last 7:17 of regulation. He had 13 points and 8 rebounds and we couldn’t have won it without each one of them.

- Brandon Triche continued his comeback with 13 points, 3 rebounds and 3 assists. He made a three point play to get us past the 39 point mark and followed that up with a try to make it 43-32 and a lay-up to score our last field goal in regulation to make it 47-40 at 7:17. Then he made a lay-up that gave us the lead we never surrendered in overtime and made a free throw that was the last point of the game. Brandon is back.

- Trevor Cooney had a career game in a half with 10 first half points and 4 rebounds, both leading the team. He’s always been a guy who did more than just shoot. But he wasn’t shooting. He gave us a glimpse of the player he could be tonight. He hit a medium range jumper first, then a couple of threes. If have had trouble shooting, go closer to the basket, then work your way out.

- James Southerland cooled off a bit but his four treys helped give us the lead and he’s tied GMAC’s record for BET treys with 16, (in 25 attempts). He’ll break it tomorrow, hopefully several times.

- We don’t score much on Georgetown but they don’t score much on us, either. Otto Porter, who had scored 33 points on us in the Dome, only scored 12 points on 4 for 13 shooting. D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, who had also scored 33 points the game before Porter did, scored 3 points on 1 for 6 shooting. The gang was hanging, hanging, hanging there for eons of time but the Hoyas never got hot, hitting 22% from three point range and 38% overall. The run never really came.

- Would it be great to close the Big East out with wins over Pittsburgh, Georgetown and Louisville to win the BET? Stay tuned.

26-8 is pretty great.

LET’S GO ORANGE!

So glad to get your upside and downside so I will know what I watched! I can't believe I am still in NYC and I can't believe all the money I've been spending. Shhhhh! My husband must never know. What happens in the City stays in the City!

Don't get me wrong; I want to win tomorrow. But I feel we have redeemed ourselves and I feel satisfied. This team has demonstrated that they haven't given up. Go Cuse! <croak> I'm also kind of sick.

Baye's 7 FTM are over a 25% of what he has made ALL YEAR. And 12.5% of what he has made in his career.

Baye's 7 FTM are over a 25% of what he has made ALL YEAR. And 12.5% of what he has made in his career.
And mathematically, a 50% free throw shooter has less than a 1% chance of making 7 consecutive shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom