The view from my couch | Syracusefan.com

The view from my couch

SWC75

Bored Historian
(I confess that I don't go to all 20 home basketball games. I usually see one or two early games just to see what we've got and then go only to the games with substantial opponents until the conference season begins, usually about a dozen games, which is plenty for me. So this one is the view from my couch, where I alternated sorting through some old magazines with taking a look at the screen.)

The game didn't tell us much except 6-10 guys can rebound over 6-5 guys and 6-5 guys have a hard time shooting over 6-10 guys. Our shooting in the first half was atrocious. Not only were we 2 for 13 from three points range but we an absurd 10 for 28 inside the arc against a D-III team with no size. Chris McCullough had 16 rebounds but a lot of them were "Moses Malone assists"- passes to himself off the backboard. Adrian made some shots early and hung in there until the 11 minute 35 second stretch where the toothless Bulldogs couldn't score which became a 13 minute 12 second stretch without a field goal. As they say, ballgame. The game looked like a bunch of big brother playing a bunch of little brothers.

McCullough put up some big numbers with 13 points and 16 rebounds but shot 2 for 11 Rak Christmas scored 12 points but got off only 4 shots and had only 5 rebounds, (jn 24 minutes). We'll have trouble against really physical teams inside. Kaleb Joseph again looked great scoring 9 points with 6 rebs and 4 assists. He'd have had more assist if we didn't punish the back rim so much. Ron Patterson had another good game with 10 points off the bench, although he was 2 for 7 from the arc, compared to 4 for 5 vs. Carleton. Tyler Roberson and BJ Johnson finally made some shots. Gbinije had another strong game, (see I paid attention this time!), with 10 points and 6 assists. The team shared the ball well and dominated, as they should have, on defense, with 10 blocks and 13 steals. If we'd shot well in the first half, we'd have won by 70, but who wants to do that?

We'd win their conference. will we win ours? No idea. Stay tuned.

Your confession about not attending all SU games has me rather stunned. Still, props for honesty.

20 games in four months, most of them in the winter and several early ones against teams that will not be able to compete with them is a lot. A dozen games, (I made it to 14 last year), is still twice as many football games as I go to and more Chiefs games than I normally attend in the summertime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom