The view from my the common room of my son's | Syracusefan.com

The view from my the common room of my son's

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
dorm at the Clemson soccer camp.
Pretty cool.
IMG_1295.jpg

Nice practice field. But where do they actually play?

Stadium opened in 1941. Must've had extensive renovations. Holds 81,500 according to Wiki.

Stadium opened in 1941. Must've had extensive renovations. Holds 81,500 according to Wiki.
Practice Field? That's for their intramural teams.

You can see an arch way bottom right. That's where "Howard's rock" is.

The athletic portion of the campus feels as though it is far bigger than SU's campus, as a whole. It's really pretty impressive for is size, especially coming of visits to Elon and Wofford on Wednesday and this AM, respectively.

You can see an arch way bottom right. That's where "Howard's rock" is.

The athletic portion of the campus feels as though it is far bigger than SU's campus, as a whole. It's really pretty impressive for is size, especially coming of visits to Elon and Wofford on Wednesday and this AM, respectively.
Do you live in SC or did you travel from NY (elsewhere)?

Also, I hope, during renovations of the Dome, a contractor drops like an I-Beam through the floor at the players entrance. Therefore starting a tradition of the players touching the I-Beam before they run unto the field. A rock has been done before and wouldn't work inside a building. Or, if they remove the naming rights from Carrier, they put the statue of an air conditioner there instead to remember the roots of the building. (and I understand the irony of the Carrier Dome never having AC).

Last edited:

You mean they managed to upgrade a 77 yr old stadium to keep it relevant? I thought you had to completely tear down old stadiums.

Do you live in SC or did you travel from NY (elsewhere)?

Also, I hope, during renovations of the Dome, a contractor drops like an I-Beam through the floor at the players entrance. Therefore starting a tradition of the players touching the I-Beam before they run unto the field. A rock has been done before and wouldn't work inside a building. Or, if they remove the naming rights from Carrier, they put the statue of an air conditioner there instead to remember the roots of the building. (and I understand the irony of the Carrier Dome never having AC).
Live in Syracuse. Recruiting visits for soccer. (Clemson is actually an ID camp, to which he was invited to attend from a general ID camp. ) Fingers crossed. His first choice.

You mean they managed to upgrade a 77 yr old stadium to keep it relevant? I thought you had to completely tear down old stadiums.

And bleachers!!! Why aren't they whining?
image.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom