The world isn't ending... | Syracusefan.com

The world isn't ending...

Hoov50

Starter
I was as frustrated as anyone watching and following the game today. However, in reality we shot poorly, didn't rebound well, had two guys foul out an fell behind 10-0 to win begin the game and still only lost by 4 in OT. To top it off Nova had to hit a desperation three to send the game to OT. In other words we played poorly (Nova did play well) and still had chances to win the game. If any one of five or six things go our way we win the game. If Fair gets called for the foul instead of Grant, if the goaltend is called a block, if MCW or a few others make a foul shot we win the game. We could be like Duke who got smoked by Miami or numerous other teams who have serious flaws that keep them from winning games. Our flaws are small and can and will be overcome.

It was disappointing to lose the game but being 18-2 in a wide open NCAA is a good place to be. We will come back refocused and fix the minor flaws and be in as good shape as any other of the 10-15 teams who have legitimate title hopes.

Also: This week belongs to Villanova. Let them have it, because it's probably the last great week of their season...

Also: This week belongs to Villanova. Let them have it, because it's probably the last great week of their season...
Understatement of the century. I think this is the 3rd time ever a team beat 2 top 5 teams back to back
Or... Is the world ending!?
Good one

Shooting poorly and not rebounding well seems like it might be a pattern more than an anomaly. :)

Anyway, still in a great position - just need to play better. Great insight by me!

...no it is not the end of the world...what it should be is the END of anyone thinking that MCW is the man. One lives and dies by his ability to be the man not wanting to be the man. In this game as in the Temple game, MCW failed...and all he had to do was something he does really well: PASS the BALL.

Understatement of the century. I think this is the 3rd time ever a team beat 2 top 5 teams back to back
quote]
I think you are way off on that. The graphic that they were showing for back to back wins over top 5 had about 6 times. And those were for when an unranked team did it.

It's not the end of the world, but our situation is way closer to Duke's than it is to a team that just has small flaws.

Syracuse is a good team that's missing the one player who makes the offense better than mediocre. And none of us knows if his career hasn't come to an end.

Ottomets, you cannot compare us losing by 4 to nova as being the same as duke losing to Miami by 27. We play defense every night, duke forgot to against Miami.

Ottomets, you cannot compare us losing by 4 to nova as being the same as duke losing to Miami by 27. We play defense every night, duke forgot to against Miami.

Didn't compare the losses; the comparison was between the teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom