The Worst NCAA Decision Yet | Syracusefan.com

The Worst NCAA Decision Yet

It sets a bad precedent. Sure, going to class in the summer might not be so bad, but what if he starts volunteering to do community service?

Exactly or maybe he gets someone to staple his term paper together or something like that. Who does he think he is going to class ? Nothing but opportunities for noncompliance there.

It sets a bad precedent. Sure, going to class in the summer might not be so bad, but what if he starts volunteering to do community service?

As long as money doesn't change hands I don't think there are problems with volunteering is an issue. It's only bad some somebody slips you a couple of Benjamin's which is pretty much common sense when it comes to a D1 athlete.

They penalized this kid FOR GOING TO CLASS!
What a message they send.
Try to get ahead and if the unexpected happens...don't worry...we'll make it worse.

NCAA again shows lack of common sense by denying NC State freshman's appeal
Well, you are wrong. That isn't the worst thing they have done. It's bad. But try this on for size, the kid from Oakland has a 2.8 gpa. In his major, you have to have better than that. The school gpa min to be able to play is 2.5 i believe. The NCAA is less than that. But the NCAA stepped in and suspended this kid for the fall semester. Keep in mind, he is going to graduate in Dec.. The school went to the NCAA and said our school says he can play with that GPA. Your NCAA rules say he can play. It's only his major that says he can't. The NCAA reduced the penalty to 4 games. Sick.

Well, you are wrong. That isn't the worst thing they have done. It's bad. But try this on for size, the kid from Oakland has a 2.8 gpa. In his major, you have to have better than that. The school gpa min to be able to play is 2.5 i believe. The NCAA is less than that. But the NCAA stepped in and suspended this kid for the fall semester. Keep in mind, he is going to graduate in Dec.. The school went to the NCAA and said our school says he can play with that GPA. Your NCAA rules say he can play. It's only his major that says he can't. The NCAA reduced the penalty to 4 games. Sick.

Screw those effers

As long as money doesn't change hands I don't think there are problems with volunteering is an issue. It's only bad some somebody slips you a couple of Benjamin's which is pretty much common sense when it comes to a D1 athlete.[/QUOTE

I was being ironical. I should have used the smiley face ;)

"The Beverly decision bolsters the argument that the NCAA’s system of punishment is in need of a complete overhaul. If a system allows you to punish Beverly for going to class but prevents you from penalizing North Carolina for the worst case of systemic academic fraud in college sports history, then that system is hopelessly flawed."

Consider this bit of NCAA stupidity a blessing for the Orange.
Jalen Hayes will miss the game in the Dome...a game Oakland still has a chance to win.
They're a very good team.

Jalen Hayes will miss the game in the Dome...a game Oakland still has a chance to win.
I know. You are correct. That is a break but it shouldn't have happened as you already know.

They will probably even it out and suspend Battle for the game for jaywalking.

Oakland’s Jalen Hayes speaks out, calls his NCAA-administered suspension ‘ridiculous’

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom