The worst part is | Syracusefan.com

The worst part is

Cuse House

All American
I could literally care less about the next game. And that is sad for me to say because no matter who we play I am always excited. With this team, I may not even watch because their effort has been dispicable, an embarrassment to Syracuse hoops. This loss was deflating. We will have to beat someone good for me to even take notice.

I could literally care less about the next game. And that is sad for me to say because no matter who we play I am always excited. With this team, I may not even watch because their effort has been dispicable, an embarrassment to Syracuse hoops. This loss was deflating. We will have to beat someone good for me to even take notice.
That game was butt ugly

I don't miss games very often, and I won't miss our next one, but when it goes from watching to give me enjoyment into a chore it sucks.

The worst part is I gave up going to play myself tonight instead of watching that nonsense.

On the upside, I didn't fly down to NYC to watch that mess. I feel really bad for Cusetroop who flew all that way.

Last edited:
I don't miss games very often, and I won't miss our next one, but when it goes from watching to give me enjoyment into a chore it sucks.

It's something I have to do because it's part of my identity. It would be my cornerstone if I was a westworld host.

For Pearl's sake, we better beat Georgetown. If we can't/don't do anything else this season, please let us at least do that.

If we lose to G'town in the Dome, my season tickets will be up for grabs if anybody wants them.

For Pearl's sake, we better beat Georgetown. If we can't/don't do anything else this season, please let us at least do that.

If we lose to G'town in the Dome, my season tickets will be up for grabs if anybody wants them.

I'll take you up on that.

I don't think the effort is so bad, it's just that some guys have no sense, there's no offensive scheme, and the solution seems to be to bury half the roster on the bench and let the other 5 play their way through it.

There isn't a lack of effort. There is a lack of execution.

I saw a couple guys go half-assed after loose balls tonight, including Howard on one occasion. That's a lack of effort. So is not boxing out the guard swooping in from the off side when the game is tied and there is less than 3 seconds left.

You aren't wrong about the lack of execution as well though.

I saw a couple guys go half-assed after loose balls tonight, including Howard on one occasion. That's a lack of effort. So is not boxing out the guard swooping in from the off side when the game is tied and there is less than 3 seconds left.

That's a freshman mistake. I can accept that. He didn't foul the UConn guy though.

Effort has to be mental as well as physical. I saw a clueless team out there tonight.

That's the perfect way to sum it up, a "chore." I haven't missed a game live in probably two and a half years. I have been fortunate with my schedule to be able to do that. Lately however I have been putting things aside because I know we are playing, but that is rapidly changing.

That's a freshman mistake. I can accept that. He didn't foul the UConn guy though.

Yeah, I think you're right about the foul, but when you are a supposed one and doner, you need to be better than to give up that shot. Go get the damned ball and make sure no one else does.

I agree it was a freshman mistake by Battle, but it would hurt a lot less if the kid who got the rebound on him wasn't also a freshman.

I reached that stage last year. The final four was a pleasant surprise but last years team was generally brutal to watch... seems like more of the same.

Eh, when your coach claimed in the previous press conference that boxing out is impossible in the zone and we've seen for decades that very few Syracuse players box out...well, you can guess where I think the blame lies.

Eh, when your coach claimed in the previous press conference that boxing out is impossible in the zone and we've seen for decades that very few Syracuse players box out...well, you can guess where I think the blame lies.

Townie! Here's another one of those detractors you will need to scold today!!!

I completely agree with you Otto, just in case you didn't get my sarcasm.

The worst part is I gave up going to play myself tonight instead of watching that nonsense.

On the upside, I didn't fly down to NYC to watch that mess. I feel really bad for Cusetroop who flew all that way.

Ahh don't feel bad. The loss sucked, but meeting up with everyone, the Blarney, the Garden.. Worth it all day long.

Ahh don't feel bad. The loss sucked, but meeting up with everyone, the Blarney, the Garden.. Worth it all day long.

Yeah, I could see that...

I agree it was a freshman mistake by Battle, but it would hurt a lot less if the kid who got the rebound on him wasn't also a freshman.
I don't even care about the mistake he made. The biggest problem was that they were in the spot where that mistake even mattered at all. The bigger mistake was that they played an entire 40 minutes and ran ONE decent offensive set, and that was the bucket DC got right at the half off the pass from Frank.

i wonder how the players get along. does this team have a leader????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom