There are a lot of things I'm looking forward to evaluating today... | Syracusefan.com

There are a lot of things I'm looking forward to evaluating today...

I am looking forward to see what BJ Johnson's role will be. He is my choice for breakout player. Just from looking at things there is a desperate need for someone who can create their own offense. BJ seems like someone who can go get his. He could play a pivotal roll on this team as a scoring threat off the bench.

I am looking forward to see what BJ Johnson's role will be. He is my choice for breakout player. Just from looking at things there is a desperate need for someone who can create their own offense. BJ seems like someone who can go get his. He could play a pivotal roll on this team as a scoring threat off the bench.
Good call. Him, TR and CM...at least one or two of them break out, but with BJ's potential to get us some outside shots and scoring chances, I agree that he could be a critical piece.

anomander said:

I just don't see where BJ gets minutes from. Unless Roberson or McCullough ends up in a doghouse situation I don't see BJ getting more than 10 minutes a game.

I just don't see where BJ gets minutes from. Unless Roberson or McCullough ends up in a doghouse situation I don't see BJ getting more than 10 minutes a game.

10 minutes would be 25% of the game--you don't think that's significant?

RF2044 said:
10 minutes would be 25% of the game--you don't think that's significant?

Don't know how you can be a "breakout player" playing 10 minutes or 25% of the game.

It's significant in terms of game time, it's not significant in terms player rolls, 10 minutes a game is a role player. Who knows, he could play 5-8 minutes. I just don't see where his minutes come from.

Don't know how you can be a "breakout player" playing 10 minutes or 25% of the game.

It's significant in terms of game time, it's not significant in terms player rolls, 10 minutes a game is a role player. Who knows, he could play 5-8 minutes. I just don't see where his minutes come from.

Let's be clear--your OPINION is that he's only going to get 10 minutes a game.

We'll see how it plays out.

Being Im not entirely sober yet, I was taking my role as JarheadJim's backup seriously and trying to evaluate the cheerleaders and dance team. I have not been let down so far.

As for the game, other than the freshmen and some of G's play, I've not been impressed so far.

RF2044 said:
Let's be clear--your OPINION is that he's only going to get 10 minutes a game. We'll see how it plays out.

Of course it's my opinion, I'm not allowed to have them?

It's been so long that I forgot how unpopular opinions are taken around here.

Of course it's my opinion, I'm not allowed to have them?

It's been so long that I forgot how unpopular opinions are taken around here.

And the poster you were responding to has a different opinion. We'll see which one of you ends up being right, or if BJ's season ends up somewhere in the middle.

Regardless, I wouldn't point to 10 minutes a game as being "low." BJ would be a major part of the rotation getting 10 minutes a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom