There will be a Jim Boeheim Show tonight | Syracusefan.com

There will be a Jim Boeheim Show tonight

SWC75

Bored Historian
...but Jim Boeheim will not be. per Matt Park on this afternoon's show, GMAC and Allan Griffin will fill in again. There was not a second hour when they did that before so I assume that there will not be tonight.

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

I’ll start with a tribute to continuation of the streak of winning seasons, taken from my “Upside” post:

“Coach, congratulations on the team’s 17th win of the season. With that, we have clinched our 49th consecutive winning season, the longest streak in the country. The record is 54 by UCLA from 1948-2002. The record is very significant because it unites generals of players, coaches and fans who contributed to it and because it is something that puts us in the elite class of basketball programs. It’s not the ultimate goal of the season. But it is the first obtainable one and without it, any other goals are impossible. “

First Hour:

Coaches, this year Tyus Battle seems to have focused his game more on two point shots than three point shots. He’s hitting a higher percentage and his scoring per 40 minutes is about the same with fewer misses. Oshae Brissett is struggling right now. His three point percentage has dropped and teams are no longer coming out to guard him there. I’ve seen plays where he had a 15 foot jumper and didn’t take it. Would he be better off to do what Tyus did and take his jump shots form two point range, make more of them and make the defense come out to guard him there?

Second Hour:

I don’t think there will be a second hour for this show.

You're right about Battle focusing more on 2-point shots this season; about 30% of his FG attempts are threes, compared to 40% last season. But Brissett's game has also evolved similarly, with 30% of his FG attempts coming from deep, down from 36% last year. To date, both players have improved their 2-point shooting percentage over last season. The frustrating part with Brissett is that he's getting to the line less frequently than he did as a freshman, and he's regressed from a 79% FT shooter to 65%.

You're right about Battle focusing more on 2-point shots this season; about 30% of his FG attempts are threes, compared to 40% last season. But Brissett's game has also evolved similarly, with 30% of his FG attempts coming from deep, down from 36% last year. To date, both players have improved their 2-point shooting percentage over last season. The frustrating part with Brissett is that he's getting to the line less frequently than he did as a freshman, and he's regressed from a 79% FT shooter to 65%.

The difference is Battle is putting up two point jumpers instead of three pointers. Brissett is driving to the basket against a packed in defense when he doesn't shoot a three pointer. I've seen him take a few two point jumpers in recent games and they all seemed to go in. If he shot more of them, they'd have to come out and guard him from there and that would open things up for his drives.

sorting hat says allan...

37d5f87d058bc7ee24338599b11f287b.jpg

shall answer thy questions.

The difference is Battle is putting up two point jumpers instead of three pointers. Brissett is driving to the basket against a packed in defense when he doesn't shoot a three pointer. I've seen him take a few two point jumpers in recent games and they all seemed to go in. If he shot more of them, they'd have to come out and guard him from there and that would open things up for his drives.
I'd rather see Brissett shoot more mid-range jumpers and fewer threes, too, but I think he needs to continue to take it aggressively to the rim (and should look to post up more often) as he seems to finishing much better lately and that's how he can get to the line.

I'd rather see Brissett shoot more mid-range jumpers and fewer threes, too, but I think he needs to continue to take it aggressively to the rim (and should look to post up more often) as he seems to finishing much better lately and that's how he can get to the line.

I just want to see him in the paint. Driving to it or cleaning up in it. 15’ range in for 80% of his shots would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom