These offensive records by season will fall this upcoming year | Syracusefan.com

These offensive records by season will fall this upcoming year

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Passing attempts - Ryan Nassib, 471
Passing completions - Ryan Nassib, 294
Passing yards - Ryan Nassib, 3,749
Passing yards per game - Ryan Nassib, 288.4
Touchdown passes - Ryan Nassib, 24
Receiving yards - Marvin Harrison, 1,131
TD receptions - Tommy Kane, 14
Receptions - Alec Lemon, 70

BUCKLE UP

So you're assuming no one will get hurt? Bold.

24775043.jpg

I miss that 2012 team. They were melting teams, definitely one of the 25 best teams at the end of the year. Is that pinstripe bowl on youtube?

We were a bullshit penalty against NW from 9-4. :(

I thought 70 receptions sounded pretty good but then I saw a BGSU player set the NCAA record with more than twice that number.

NCAA Individual Records for Receiving | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Don't feel bad, most SU fans have little comprehension of how different the game is offensively than it used to be. This is because for some bizarre reason SU has refused to participate in college football's offensive evolution over the past decade. It'll be nice to be a part of it now.

I miss that 2012 team. They were melting teams, definitely one of the 25 best teams at the end of the year. Is that pinstripe bowl on youtube?

We were a bullshit penalty against NW from 9-4. :(
In retrospect, the two conference loses could have been wins, we should have won the NW game, and we would have beaten USC if we had played them in November. And then, there was the Minnesota game...

In retrospect, the two conference loses could have been wins, we should have won the NW game, and we would have beaten USC if we had played them in November. And then, there was the Minnesota game...

And the Cincinnati game, which was the most obvious "the referees' job today is to punish you for leaving the Big East" game in history. And the Rutgers game, in which Justin Pugh came back from injury just in time to miss a special-teams block that resulted in a 10-point swing.

That team was half a dozen plays from winning ten games in the regular season.

(Yes, before someone points it out, I'm aware that they were also two last-second comebacks away from being .500.)

(Yes, before someone points it out, I'm aware that they were also two last-second comebacks away from being .500.)

Yeah, but this is kinda important. I know the popular opinion here is that 2012 was our best season since 1987 (slight exaggeration, not by much) but if it weren't for a miraculous comeback against a lousy USF team the season likely would've gone down in flames. So people should ease up on the 10 win talk.

Yeah, but this is kinda important. I know the popular opinion here is that 2012 was our best season since 1987 (slight exaggeration, not by much) but if it weren't for a miraculous comeback against a lousy USF team the season likely would've gone down in flames. So people should ease up on the 10 win talk.
Do people really think that? 88', 91', 92', 95', 96', 97', and 98' all have to be considered better with 2001 probably better.

Only one I'm doubtful on is receptions. 15 receptions would have been Top 5 in the country last year. While yes, Roger Lewis did have that, I'm not sure anyone on that team hits that this year.

EDIT: Referring to TD Receptions

Last edited:
Do people really think that? 88', 91', 92', 95', 96', 97', and 98' all have to be considered better with 2001 probably better.

Exaggeration. But to listen to some folks wax poetic about our (8-5) 2012 season, you'd think so.

Exaggeration. But to listen to some folks wax poetic about our (8-5) 2012 season, you'd think so.
Ok. I saw the exaggeration part but wasn't sure exactly how serious you were. Phew

Don't feel bad, most SU fans have little comprehension of how different the game is offensively than it used to be. This is because for some bizarre reason SU has refused to participate in college football's offensive evolution over the past decade. It'll be nice to be a part of it now.
Honestly, I hope offensive recruits are coming in with the understanding that they're going to own our record book, and the only guys they'll share it with are some of the all-time greats that came before them.

Yeah, well they call me Kenny Rogers, and they call Kenny Rogers "the gambler" so, you know... I forgot where I was going with this.

Do they keep a stat on fangasms?

Probably broken this year.

But broken again next year.

Weep for Pete Sala and crew.

I'm 30 years old. All of those seasons were half my life or more ago.

I'm 30 years old. All of those seasons were half my life or more ago.
Ok. The comment was in response to people possibly thinking the 2012 team was the best since '87.

Passing attempts - Ryan Nassib, 471 in game 11
Passing completions - Ryan Nassib, 294 in game 10
Passing yards - Ryan Nassib, 3,749 in game 11
Passing yards per game - Ryan Nassib, 288.4 Touchdown passes - Ryan Nassib, 24 in game 8
Receiving yards - Marvin Harrison, 1,131 in game 11
TD receptions - Tommy Kane, 14 in game 12
Receptions - Alec Lemon, 70 in game 9
BUCKLE UP