These other teams look dreadful | Syracusefan.com

These other teams look dreadful

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
I have seen only a few games but nobody looks very good. MSU has looked mediocre, Kansas lost to them. Kentucky looks pretty raw but with obvious talent. Duke looked ok but not spectacular. The three that have really stood out, in order are 1. WVU, 2. Nova, 3. Purdue. These teams look comically bad. WVU put on maybe the worst performance I can ever recall seeing. Vilanova looks like reheated turds. I seriously don't remember a non-Rutgers type BE look as awful as Nova did tonight.

What gives?

I have seen only a few games but nobody looks very good. MSU has looked mediocre, Kansas lost to them. Kentucky looks pretty raw but with obvious talent. Duke looked ok but not spectacular. The three that have really stood out, in order are 1. WVU, 2. Nova, 3. Purdue. These teams look comically bad. WVU put on maybe the worst performance I can ever recall seeing. Vilanova looks like reheated turds. I seriously don't remember a non-Rutgers type BE look as awful as Nova did tonight.

What gives?
After reading your post, I checked out the Nova Purdue box score and that was pretty bad. Then, onto the West Viginia box score. Yikes! Where have you gone Kevin Jones? :eek:

We just don't have dominant teams this year I think. MSU is good, Duke is good, Kansas is good, Kentucky is good, and we're good. Throw in about 10 more teams. MSU has improved. Their guards are good and Payne looks better. Kansas will be solid as always. Withey/Releford/Johnson all good players. Plumlee is a stud and they have good guards. UK will get better.

What gives?

Middle and bottom of the BE will be garbage this year.

We just don't have dominant teams this year I think. MSU is good, Duke is good, Kansas is good, Kentucky is good, and we're good. Throw in about 10 more teams. MSU has improved. Their guards are good and Payne looks better. Kansas will be solid as always. Withey/Releford/Johnson all good players. Plumlee is a stud and they have good guards. UK will get better.

. We're going to be dominate.

I wonder; just throwing it out there; but in an era where you have more players going pro early, and therefore younger players thrust into roles before they would be in the past; I wouldn't be surprised if teams look worse than you would expect early in the season as they are still getting acclimated to their new roles.

I wonder; just throwing it out there; but in an era where you have more players going pro early, and therefore younger players thrust into roles before they would be in the past; I wouldn't be surprised if teams look worse than you would expect early in the season as they are still getting acclimated to their new roles.

Makes a lot of sense.

And I'm always reluctant to pass judgement on other teams based on the snapshots I might see early on simply because I'm not as familiar with their circumstances (injuries, what the coach is trying to accomplish, etc.) as I am of our own. I'm sure there are fans of other teams that watch a piece of one of our early games and say "SU is really overrated" or "SU player X is not that good."

Makes a lot of sense.

And I'm always reluctant to pass judgement on other teams based on the snapshots I might see early on simply because I'm not as familiar with their circumstances (injuries, what the coach is trying to accomplish, etc.) as I am of our own. I'm sure there are fans of other teams that watch a piece of one of our early games and say "SU is really overrated" or "SU player X is not that good."

Definitely. For example wasn't Kentucky playing without their starting PG against Duke? That might make a difference.

There really are not many dominant teams this year. Indiana will be good because they have talent and they all played together last season which helps. Louisville also will stay up there all season long. I am hoping we are also one of those teams.

Should be a real interesting season. I was hesitant to say we could not go 30-1 again (which I just dont see happening) but it would not shock me if we start the season 17-0.

Definitely. For example wasn't Kentucky playing without their starting PG against Duke? That might make a difference.
They were but polsen was infinitwlt better than harrow in the first game. They're going to have PG issues this year. Harrow is a Jr by age.

There really are not many dominant teams this year. Indiana will be good because they have talent and they all played together last season which helps. Louisville also will stay up there all season long. I am hoping we are also one of those teams.

Should be a real interesting season. I was hesitant to say we could not go 30-1 again (which I just dont see happening) but it would not shock me if we start the season 17-0.

Yeah. Definitely IU and UL should stay up there. Should be an exciting Tourney where so called upsets will be everywhere.

Yeah. Definitely IU and UL should stay up there. Should be an exciting Tourney where so called upsets will be everywhere.

I think UL could be at least pretty close to dominant. They will look ugly at times offensively, but Russ Smith, Siva and Dieng can give teams fits defensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom