These three names have surfaced as RU commits & recruits | Syracusefan.com

These three names have surfaced as RU commits & recruits

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
that we have been in contact with. Have you heard of any others? Only one is visiting SU as far as I know.

As soon as the announcement was made that Shady was heading to Tampa, the RU AD contacted all of the recruits to assure them that everything was going to be OK

9750269-large.jpg

Julian Pinnix-Odrick 6-5 265lb DE Montclair High 82 tackles 10 sacks as a junior rated 3* by Scout June 2011

Plays OL too. Half-brother of Miami Dolphin defensive end Jared Odrick who was an All-American at Penn State in 2010

The Nittany Lions were one of Julian's last schools out. Haven't put together senior stats

Syracuse's chances? He's on his way here for a visit. We are one of 10 teams or so that have been in touch with him. That he is making a visit here puts us in a better possition than most. Hopefully he gets to watch SU-WVU with a crazy atmosphere and who knows. One thing in our favor, there is no snow on the ground and a forecast of 44 degrees.

Video

ESPN Profile

i

Leonte Carroo 6-1 200 lbs WR Dom Bosco HS Carroo is a physically good looking player on the hoof that is steady and consistent with good overall receiving skills. He is big and strong with good surge off the line of scrimmage. He is a galloper that builds momentum and he climbs. Plucks the ball well over smaller defensive backs. Rumored to be visiting Miami this weekend

ESPN Profile

Interview

i

Darius Hamilton 6-4 245 lbs DE Don Bosco Prep son of former NY Giant Keith Hamilton. Was down to RU & Fl but will check out the Canes with Caroo.

ESPN Profile

Junior Highlights

Wouldn't wanna run into Caroo and Hamilton in a dark alley.

According to a Rutgers board, Carroo has affirmed his place with Rutgers.

you cant visit on monday. its dead period starting on sunday..

No dead periods means no contact what so ever I am pretty sure
Not sure either. Thought you couldn't leave campus or contact recruits but maybe they could contact you or show up on campus.

I just asked my co worker since her son just went through it and she said dead period is no phone contact and if you can have contact via face book somehow. What how does that make sense

How long does the dead period last because not everybody is going to be signing on signing day? Not just buttgers kids but other kids to. Those kids need to be able to visit campuses.

By the way, Carroo reaffirming back to buttgers is their wishful thinking.

No talk about Pinnix visiting Cuse on the RU boards. They're in denial and crapping their pants that they might lose him to us.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Issues/Recruiting/recruiting glossary of terms

"Dead period is a time when the college coach may not have any in-person contact with the prospective student-athlete or the prospect’s parents at any time. The coach may write and telephone during this time."
according to what the ncaa told James Robinson it was zero phone calls just telling you exactly what she told me today. I understand you got the link however I don't understand why they would tell her that if that was the case

As soon as the announcement was made that Shady was heading to Tampa, the RU AD contacted all of the recruits to assure them that everything was going to be OK

Just once I'd like to hear where the AD called the recruits and said "look, I don't know what to tell you, but if I were you I'd probably go somewhere else because this sh is crazy, I mean he's just gone!"

Would love to get Pinnix-Odrick, we need all the help we can get at DE.
He seems the most realistic of the 3, but I love Caroo, and Hamiton's a beast. Even one out of 3 would be a huge win.

JPO would be an excellent late pick up. Do not sleep on him or Hilliard. Either one, I would be giddy.

Apparently, Carroo reaffirmed his commitment to Rutgers this weekend.