They want us to play UConn | Syracusefan.com

They want us to play UConn

I'd like to play them, too.

It's good to take a look at the 6OT highlights again.
Reminds me how nice it was to have Andy Rautins.
That 3 off the curl in the 3rd OT is perfect.
And the zone just went to a whole different level when he was on the court.
Like a giant Orange squid.

But how could we ever compete with a school that's won FOUR national championships?
:(:mad::confused::eek::oops::bang::crazy::noidea:Oh Lord

;):rolleyes::cool:

I know its taboo to say it, but I'd rather play UConn than St. John's or Nova. The whole 'does nothing for recruiting' theory is bunk to me.

I think playing SJU is almost a waste. I'd rather have a game against UConn in the Garden every December with a packed crowd and a current rivalry that people actually would care about. It'd be better nationally, too.

But how could we ever compete with a school that's won FOUR national championships?
:(:mad::confused::eek::oops::bang::crazy::noidea:Oh Lord

;):rolleyes::cool:

Obviously we can't. Which is why so many on this board wish they would just shrivel up and go away.

We aren't afraid to go toe-to-toe with Duke, UNC, Louisville and any one of Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan or Indiana on an annual basis but these storzz jokers we dare not play because it just might give a 4 time NC winner "legitimacy"?!?!?

Oh Lord

Cheers,
Neil

I know its taboo to say it, but I'd rather play UConn than St. John's or Nova. The whole 'does nothing for recruiting' theory is bunk to me.

I think playing SJU is almost a waste. I'd rather have a game against UConn in the Garden every December with a packed crowd and a current rivalry that people actually would care about. It'd be better nationally, too.

If I had my preference, we would play Georgetown every year, Nova at least 5-6 times a decade, and trade off UConn/St. John's at MSG. The latter being in a TRUE Gotham Classic where UConn, St. John's, SU, and Pitt played a double header game alternating SU/UConn, Pitt/St. John's one year with SU/St. John's, Pitt/UConn the next. I'd substitute Duke for Pitt if it were not for Duke's involvement already in the Champions' Classic every year.

But it's not up to me.

Cheers,
Neil

The whole 'does nothing for recruiting' theory is bunk to me.

I completely agree. It just baffles me when people say "we shouldn't play UConn because we don't recruit the Hartford area" as if that's the only factor that plays into recruiting. Kids want to play in big games on big stages, and if Syracuse/UConn played every year at MSG, that would unquestionably be one of the most hyped non-conference matchups of the entire college basketball season, lead game on Sportscenter, etc. I could totally see a high-level recruit watching or attending that game at the Garden with a super-intense 50/50 crowd and saying, "holy !@#$, I want to be a part of this."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom