Examplecreature.gif
images
Z
KEADY-popup.jpg

Not admitted:
Charles Darwin
charles-darwin.jpg

interesting find. Guess kids aren't going to KSU because "it's a great school"

KSU has had 13 Rhodes Scholars, the second most of any public university. Once again, this proves that the most important thing about a school is what a student gets out of it.

KSU has had 13 Rhodes Scholars, the second most of any public university. Once again, this proves that the most important thing about a school is what a student gets out of it.

While I don't disagree with the point that each student has a significant role in his or her own educational path, I believe the figure you site is some great marketing by KSU. Their standard is public universities since 1986 (http://consider.k-state.edu/scholars/rhodes.htm).

If you look at actual numbers of Rhodes scholars (regardless of when awarded), even amongst public universities, they fall quite a ways down the list:
http://www.rhodesscholar.org/winners/college-and-university-winnersd

KSU admission rate (as many know) is 98.9% per US News

Admitted:
Examplecreature.gif
images
Z
KEADY-popup.jpg

Not admitted:
Charles Darwin
charles-darwin.jpg
i wish i was told this back when i was in high school...it dont matter, i probably would not still got in...lol

Could some of that come from them being so superior to the marginal students there, if there is curve grading? Just a thought, i am not sure what the criteria is.

The most important thing about a school is signaling. Its a very expensive way to tell employers that you're smart enough to get it and conformist enough to get through. Its also a hell of a good time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom