things I liked and did not | Syracusefan.com

things I liked and did not

Cuseball

Starter
thought Howard Washington played really tough today. Stepped up and made the offense run smoother, handled the ball and made some nice passes which we did not finish. Love to see him get a few more open looks from deep as I think he is our best three point shooter ( not shown yet because little opportunity)

Chukwu was tough, altered tons of shots and was put in a tough position when FSU positioned Angola at the free throw line. The big guy on FSU dunked a lot but that was not Chukwu's fault. Next year with more players and another option like Bazely, Chukchi will be the perfect zone defender. Gaining a few pounds would help too!

Moyer was active, played with energy and hit the boards. He's limited offensively but effective when he plays with energy.

Battle hit the big shot and handled so many offensive duties it's hard to point out anything negative. However I will below.

Not so good. Dolejac has not been the same since hitting his head hard on the floor. Or maybe it's the bulk of ACC inside players. He'll be fine down the road but not effective now.

Sidibe is not physically able to play now. Maybe he gets a little better over the cominqg weeks but really hoping that Chukchi does not get hurt or foul trouble.

Tyus grabbed 1 rebound and had 1 assist in 50 minutes. Howard Washington had 3 rebounds. Tyus is big enough but does not attack the boards at all. With so little margin for error for this team, a couple boards from our big guard would make a huge difference.

Cuse

I thought our offense ran 100 percent smoother with Washington in the game . He makes quick decisions and hits the open guy without hesitating

Of course sometimes the quick decisions lead to turnovers but I have no problem accepting that trade off, because it’s not as if we turn it over less when we are more deliberate

thought Howard Washington played really tough today. Stepped up and made the offense run smoother, handled the ball and made some nice passes which we did not finish. Love to see him get a few more open looks from deep as I think he is our best three point shooter ( not shown yet because little opportunity)

Chukwu was tough, altered tons of shots and was put in a tough position when FSU positioned Angola at the free throw line. The big guy on FSU dunked a lot but that was not Chukwu's fault. Next year with more players and another option like Bazely, Chukchi will be the perfect zone defender. Gaining a few pounds would help too!

Moyer was active, played with energy and hit the boards. He's limited offensively but effective when he plays with energy.

Battle hit the big shot and handled so many offensive duties it's hard to point out anything negative. However I will below.

Not so good. Dolejac has not been the same since hitting his head hard on the floor. Or maybe it's the bulk of ACC inside players. He'll be fine down the road but not effective now.

Sidibe is not physically able to play now. Maybe he gets a little better over the cominqg weeks but really hoping that Chukchi does not get hurt or foul trouble.

Tyus grabbed 1 rebound and had 1 assist in 50 minutes. Howard Washington had 3 rebounds. Tyus is big enough but does not attack the boards at all. With so little margin for error for this team, a couple boards from our big guard would make a huge difference.

Cuse
great write up. i think moyer needs to score. i think he can score. i think jb beats him up too much, and effects his confidence. he needs to be somewhat of a threat to force the d to guard him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom