Things I look forward to under HCSS | Syracusefan.com

Things I look forward to under HCSS

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
1. Having guys listed by their eligibility on the roster so we can understand where the Hell guys actually fall.

2. Not hearing a Bush-esque "mission accomplished" that our recruiting is basically done when we still have a crap load of scholarships open and months to go before signing day.

3. On a similar note, not having tons of alleged silent verbals.

4. Electing to go for it instead of punt when we're within the opponent's 40.

5. Hearing that former players of all eras feel welcome.

I hope that HCSS can continue the effective use of walkons. This was a good development under DM and should be continued.

How do you know any of those things are ending?
Well, I didn't claim to know they are. I said I'm looking forward to them.

I guess if they don't end I'll be disappointed, and will have no choice but to voice my displeasure.

I don't mind silent verbals if it keeps a recruits off the radar.

I don't mind silent verbals if it keeps a recruits off the radar.
I question it. I don't think a silent verbal is any commitment at all.

Well, you may be right but I really do not know what the track record is - do you have any idea what it is?

Well, you may be right but I really do not know what the track record is - do you have any idea what it is?
I don't think it's very good.

In reality, these days a verbal commitment isn't either. The only true commitment is the LOI.

I look forward to the novel idea of hosting a junior day when, I don't know, say the largest crowd in college basketball for that season happens to be in the carrier dome. Like when DePaul comes to town on March 6th.

I look forward to staying the course or maybe a slight drop off from this year. Just make a bowl and show demonstrative improvement over the season and I will be happy. Losing our best QB, 2 best WR's and our best OL along with our spiritual leader and best hitter on defense as well as our MLB and a couple others, I would not be surprised if we had a slight dip with or without Marrone. Just get bowl eligible and I will consider it a success. Get to 7-8 wins and it is a great year IMO. After that, it has to be 8 wins or more every year.

I look forward to staying the course or maybe a slight drop off from this year. Just make a bowl and show demonstrative improvement over the season and I will be happy. Losing our best QB, 2 best WR's and our best OL along with our spiritual leader and best hitter on defense as well as our MLB and a couple others, I would not be surprised if we had a slight dip with or without Marrone. Just get bowl eligible and I will consider it a success. Get to 7-8 wins and it is a great year IMO. After that, it has to be 8 wins or more every year.

Hell yes. I would take 6-6, get to a bowl and move onto 2014

I look forward to watching HCSS lead this team to its first ever ACC championship in three years. I expect that we will win between 5-7 games next year and that we will land our best recruiting class in the last ten years next year. I feel as if we have a chance to crack the top 25 the year after next and i cant wait to watch my first practice in the new football facility year within two years. I really think that we caught a huge break with Doug leaving now as he didnt have the chops to take our program to the next level.

i look forward to HCSS going not going for 2 in a meaningless situation with the game on the line

I look forward to the novel idea of hosting a junior day when, I don't know, say the largest crowd in college basketball for that season happens to be in the carrier dome. Like when DePaul comes to town on March 6th.

Enough with the midwestern stuff!

I don't think the ACC is as strong next year. Clemson and FSU will be battles, no doubt, but otherwise, we could easily post 5-3 or 4-4 in conference next year with our stout defense alone. I would set the bar slightly higher at 7 wins next year and the following. After that, I agree, we should be winning 8+.

I don't think the ACC is as strong next year. Clemson and FSU will be battles, no doubt, but otherwise, we could easily post 5-3 or 4-4 in conference next year with our stout defense alone. I would set the bar slightly higher at 7 wins next year and the following. After that, I agree, we should be winning 8+.

How many does NC bring back, some said they had possibly the most talent in the ACC. I'm glad we don't play them this year because we have enough on our plate schedule wise.

How many does NC bring back, some said they had possibly the most talent in the ACC. I'm glad we don't play them this year because we have enough on our plate schedule wise.
They may, but not sure if they will be eligible for conf championship next year given their mess..