Things I'm seeing after last few games... | Syracusefan.com

Things I'm seeing after last few games...

Deano

All American
Silent G has really, really stepped up his game and is becoming one of our best players. Feel that last year was a huge transition year from him and he's now settling in. It's nice to know we still have him for another year after this.

Trevor - been pretty steady as a rock and how huge was that 3 pointer at the end of the 1st half, after a great play by Silent G. You can see his confidence is really strong right now and he feels like he's going to hit every three he puts up.

Rak - Solid - solid - solid. If he stays out of foul trouble it's make us so, so much better on both ends of the court.

KJ - Was up and down the first half. Thought JB was going to pull after back to back plays with about 12 minutes to go but he let him play through and he had a real turn around. Seemed like he settled down, had a few nice passes, and that 360 spin was sweet. Still is a work in progress and really would love to him work on his left hand. He doesn't seem like he wants to go left much and coach's are smart they are going to over play him. Still needs to work on D too, but again, only a freshman.

CMac - up and down game for him. Not sure what has happened to him in the last few games except hit a huge freshman skid. He has to get stronger and finish around the basket better. The one play today where he got a nice pass underneath and tried to go up with finesse that got smacked away, he should have dunked. Would love to see some meanness to his game. Hopefully he'll get back to what he was doing earlier in the year, we are going to need that going forward.

TRob - so-so first half, but thought he played pretty good the second. Hit a few nice shots and had a nice block towards the end of the game.

Patterson - played pretty decent for the time he got in the first half, just wish he could knock down a shot or two but I do like his game.

Got a chance hear to go a mini 4 game winning streak before they got to GTech in a few weeks. If they can get by that one, they got a chance to go a decent streak to win 9 or 10 up till the Miami and UNC games. Not trying to get ahead of things, but it's some positives to think about going forward.

The real issue with CMAC is positioning (and effort) on defense. JB would tolerate the occasion misses or failure to finish at the offensive end; but not the lax defense.

I agree with everything you said except Patterson. I just don't really see anything that he has to offer. I think his defense is average at best, his shooting is atrocious, and his handle is probably fourth in line of all our guards.

I agree with everything you said except Patterson. I just don't really see anything that he has to offer. I think his defense is average at best, his shooting is atrocious, and his handle is probably fourth in line of all our guards.
I think your missing the boat on buss...he made some nice plays offensively today. Crisp passes and didn't force anything. He is also more psyical than joseph. If his defense is average, then what is Joseph's severely below average? The play he got pulled on was kind of a weak too, he still got a hand up on a deeper three. Joseph gives up way more open looks without a hand up. I think we will continue to disagree on buss. I think he's good enough for about 8 minutes a game.

He is very active, a jitterbug, makes things happen. Good player to have when we are pressing. His shooting is streaky. When he is hot, give him some minutes.

I would put joseph as the 4th best handle. if he isnt attacking he struggles to maintain the ball.

Buss is a valuable commodity for this team. It's surprising that he gets knocked by so many people on the board when he, in his limited opportunities hasn't been any more inconsistent than any of his teammates. I think he can carve out a valuable role to help the team moving forward if given the chance.

Buss had a couple mental lapses early, and sat because of them. But KJ was so bad that JB went back to him and Buss played solid after that. He has a quick enough first step that he got penetration a couple times, then kicked it to the open man. He only really took one shot, which he missed, but he was wide open. It was a good shot. As long as he plays within himself, he will carve out decent time for himself.

I think JB is really trying to force minutes on KJ, in the hopes that he improves his play, as it is the only way this team has any shot of being really, really good this year. I'm not convinced KJ is going to be ready for it this year. But the dividends will pay off eventually. I'm hoping that is next year, and not his junior year.

Buss had a couple mental lapses early, and sat because of them. But KJ was so bad that JB went back to him and Buss played solid after that. He has a quick enough first step that he got penetration a couple times, then kicked it to the open man. He only really took one shot, which he missed, but he was wide open. It was a good shot. As long as he plays within himself, he will carve out decent time for himself.

I think JB is really trying to force minutes on KJ, in the hopes that he improves his play, as it is the only way this team has any shot of being really, really good this year. I'm not convinced KJ is going to be ready for it this year. But the dividends will pay off eventually. I'm hoping that is next year, and not his junior year.
Absolutely agree. And he is doing it with the players who will normally be on the floor. That's a big reason you didn't see Buss or BJ.

I like buss to come in full dead on sprint for approximately 2 minute stretches. I rarely to never would like to see a player come in and out like that. However, given the circumstances this year, if he could give us a full dead on sprint with hands up defense twice in the first half and once in the second for 5-7 mintues a game, I think thats how he could best help the team this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom