Things your looking for out of todays exhibition? | Syracusefan.com

Things your looking for out of todays exhibition?

thoughts

• a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bornagainOrange

2nd String
for me, obviously i want to see our rotation with white hot in the game. can he penetrate and how is his handle and how quick are his hands and feet on defense. Cooney is obviously not the athlete Dion was, but after watching him during fright night at the dome, i think hes much better then some may perceive. Also, want to see if JB throws out some more defensive options . thoughts?

for me, obviously i want to see our rotation with white hot in the game. can he penetrate and how is his handle and how quick are his hands and feet on defense. Cooney is obviously not the athlete Dion was, but after watching him during fright night at the dome, i think hes much better then some may perceive. Also, want to see if JB throws out some more defensive options . thoughts?

Not sure you will get a lot drum a rotation standpoint. I expect Cooney to get a lot of time due to missing the first exhibition and he needs court time. I think Grant also will get more time than he will in the season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

In numberical Order of importance for today (no strategy included just for the H#$$ of it).

1.Southerland to continue to show that slowed down patient three ball. Doesn't have to jump out of the gym. He continues to do that and I believe he can be a shumpert-nichols type of shooter. Looks so much different this year. Really exicted.
1. Dajuan and Fair to play on opposite sides of the mid/highpost in isolation. To bring a double high post attack the rim and short jumper game at will. Maybe like 12 straight possesions.
1. MCW to kill it off the dribble and passing knock down a few jumpers off the dribble.
4. Triche to look very scrappy out there and try to be the most aggressive guy without the ball and scrappyiest guy on the court. Rak being mean in the paint.
5. Everyone else just give it their best.

I believe this team has the potential to put the 5 best players on the court of any team in the country. Personally I think they are underated. IMO my logical assesment. Usually I give a faith assessment, but this team just has that look and cooneys not even here yet.

How all three guards play; how well we get out in transition.

Maybe see Rakeem be a little less deferential on offense.

Is this going to be streamed on time warner like last game?

Im looking to see what Cooney can do.
Want to see more DC2 action down low.
Want to see Triche attack and shoot better.
Want to see if Rak can take/develop a little jump shot.

That's really what Im looking for...

a more composed mcw, a more focused triche , very excited to see cooneys game, and twc not switching over to another game.​

MCW - bringing the ball upcourt?
Rak - create his own shot?
CJ - outside range?
South - ball handling?
Cooney - everything will be new
DC - how far away from the basket can he operate and his D on the wing?
Triche - no unknowns, nothing major that he is working on.

I want to see how our three guard combinations function defensively at the top of the zone. There's a learning curve there for both Cooney and MCW. How quickly they absorb JB's lessons will largely determine how we perform in the pre-conference games.

How the backcourt looks. I hope they have a few quick little guards to pressure our guys. Also how well we rotate in the zone.