think we'll see any of the 3 sons | Syracusefan.com

think we'll see any of the 3 sons

pearl31

in cahoots
in any meaningful game this season, barring injuries/suspensions?
I say No. JB has his 8 set and that's that. :noidea:
Hopefully the 3 sons don't get too discouraged.

Maybe with foul outs...and they'll play against High Point, but I know that wasn't your question. They'll be fine. Their time will come.

I still think Roberson might crack the lineup. Kid has a lot of talent. But if Rak / Coleman continue to show improvement, he will get pinched by the numbers game.

But as for readiness, I think that Patterson would be ready to go in a pinch [i.e., backcourt fouls / injuries]. Have to be ready when your number is called.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't include fouls in my stipulation in my OP because there was a pretty significant foul situation today and none of the 3 saw a minute. Based on that, I'd say at least two of our starters would actually have to foul out before one of the 3 sons sees action in a meaningful game.
Oh well, like Iommi said above, their time will come.

After High Point and Eastern Michigan...it appears not. Thought JB might give Roberson 2 minutes at the end of the 1st half to protect CJ who had 2 fouls, but didn't happen.

When CJ picked up his 2nd foul with 11:00 to go in the 1st half I thought we might see Roberson

The ACC has soft spots in the schedule -- games we should win by 20 plus. If the first team does its job, these frosh should get some chances.

Roberson and Patterson are probably more likely to see time than BJ. Paterson seems to have a knack for mixing it up and grabbing some rebounds, and Patterson has shown (in my opinion at least) that he could play in a pinch w/out being totally outclassed. Which is why I was surprised he never saw time against IU till the very end.

None of them will see much time though outside of garbage time. Roberson has the best shot at getting a few minutes here or there though. The guards seem a little more prone to turnovers, and unless we have a big lead or SERIOUS foul trouble doubt they get much run at all.

How long has JB coached here? And how many border line freshman have been allowed to compete for minutes vs upperclassmen who have *earned* their time? If they (the freshmen) didn't realize that before signing then they didn't do their homework.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom