Thinking of happier times | Syracusefan.com

Thinking of happier times

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
So just watched the end of the duke game again and just picked up some classic misuse of the word "ironic"

The irony of the word is ironic is how often it is misused...which may , in fact, be a misused in this very sentence

at any rate, after JG's game winner and hell breaking loose, Vitale first says "the right guy scored..that guy deserved it..." then he says "how ironic...he's been a star all night"

What? seems like the word he should have used was appropriate. how ironic that the word ironic would be used instead of appropriate.

So just watched the end of the duke game again and just picked up some classic misuse of the word "ironic"

The irony of the word is ironic is how often it is misused...which may , in fact, be a misused in this very sentence

at any rate, after JG's game winner and hell breaking loose, Vitale first says "the right guy scored..that guy deserved it..." then he says "how ironic...he's been a star all night"

What? seems like the word he should have used was appropriate. how ironic that the word ironic would be used instead of appropriate.

Says the guy who asks the question, "Whose our pg next year?"...

Oh, the irony...

STEVEHOLT - since we are talking... Can we talk about the swastika?

So on the one hand, your avatar has a prominently featured swastika, so there's that. But it is counterbalanced by the fact that it is part of a funny meme involving Chuck Norris. But then there is the issue that none of the Chuck Norris meme stuff is visible or readable in the avatar. A curious person, like myself, might go to the required extraordinary lengths to actually be able to see your avatar in a large enough format to read it and then get that it is a funny haha joke and that you aren't actually a neo-Nazi. But then they might also realize that the dates in the joke are completely wrong and so it is just nonsensical. Ultimately, though, the entire community here is left associating you with Nazi symbolism because going back to the beginning, all we can see is the damn swastika.

Good talk.

So on the one hand, your avatar has a prominently featured swastika, so there's that. But it is counterbalanced by the fact that it is part of a funny meme involving Chuck Norris. But then there is the issue that none of the Chuck Norris meme stuff is visible or readable in the avatar. A curious person, like myself, might go to the required extraordinary lengths to actually be able to see your avatar in a large enough format to read it and then get that it is a funny haha joke and that you aren't actually a neo-Nazi. But then they might also realize that the dates in the joke are completely wrong and so it is just nonsensical. Ultimately, though, the entire community here is left associating you with Nazi symbolism because going back to the beginning, all we can see is the damn swastika.

Good talk.

Too confusing. The Pro Wrestling Avatar was better STEVEHOLT

th

Good talk.

What's your hang up on the avatar ? I would think someone of your persuasion would be the 1st to make sure context was taken into account prior to shouting "oh the horror"

What's your hang up on the avatar ? I would think someone of your persuasion would be the 1st to make sure context was taken into account prior to shouting "oh the horror"

I guess I'm more annoyed that it is cropped badly and loses all it's impact as result and you are left being represented by a swastika. If it was for a funny and easily conveyed avatar joke, cool. But it isn't. Anyway - I'm not hung up on it so much as I keep associating you as a Nazi because it's the only discernible element of your avatar.

What is my persuasion?

I guess I'm more annoyed that it is cropped badly and loses all it's impact as result and you are left being represented by a swastika. If it was for a funny and easily conveyed avatar joke, cool. But it isn't. Anyway - I'm not hung up on it so much as I keep associating you as a Nazi because it's the only discernible element of your avatar.

What is my persuasion?

Someone who doesn't get offended by bs and isn't looking for a reason to be offended

At least that's what I thought

Someone who doesn't get offended by bs and isn't looking for a reason to be offended

At least that's what I thought

I'd agree with that. To be clear, I'm not offended by it, just annoyed I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom