This Article From Chicago Tribune Says It All | Syracusefan.com

This Article From Chicago Tribune Says It All

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...0510_1_ryan-field-pat-fitzgerald-northwestern

This article is what I HOPE to read in the Post-Standard in the next week or two. Swap out Northwestern for Syracuse, and Pat Fitzgerald for Doug Marrone.

One quick blurb:

Before signing an extension that was hatched in January, Fitzgerald wanted assurances that NU leaders would commit the kind of resources that every other Big Ten competitor already has.
The two main areas:
•A beefed-up salary pool for assistant coaches and support staff. Receivers coach Kevin Johns left Northwestern for Indiana after the season, telling the Tribune that "family" concerns — comfortably raising his three children — were paramount.
•Building an on-campus, lakefront facility that could house football offices, a weight room, a practice field — and enhance the experience for student-athletes on NU's other 18 varsity teams.

I don't care how it happens, but it needs to. If not for Marrone, then for whoever the replacement shall be.

If Marrone were to stay and say go 9-4 next season ... he would have had the same exact record at Fitz when that deal was struck and the article was written ... 34-29, that is not that far fetched. I wish he would stay but I understand if he does bolt.

I misread that, I thought they were talking about Ohio States salary pool for their players.

Hopefully SU irons this whole thing out and Marrone stays.... we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom