This board is nuts | Syracusefan.com

This board is nuts

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
One loss and people are going bat spit crazy about the offense and how the defense is this and that.

Good lord, at least see what happens Saturday before jumping off a bridge of the Babers Era

Good lord people, get a grip

I won't worry until the end of next year.

Except for one or two people whining that everything isn't running perfectly, this isnt that bad. As Central New Yorkers and Syracuse football fans, we're conditioned to expect the worse.

Our best team since 2001 was 8-5 and needed miracle finishes to beat two mediocre teams and we talk about them like they're the 95 team that won the Gator Bowl. We need patience, but 15 years with a few small blips of mediocrity tries that patience.

One loss and people are going bat spit crazy about the offense and how the defense is this and that.

Good lord, at least see what happens Saturday before jumping off a bridge of the Babers Era

Babers will get it done...
But, I think we all vastly overestimated the talent level of our program. All the talk about peer schools and their recruiting is just not true, imo... We are hell and gone from programs like Ville, Pitt, UNC in terms of athletes. BC's talent level will shock us in that game. Our talent level is Purdue/Kansas...

It is a little silly since the coach himself said at the moment he was hired that it would not take hold until year two and later even said maybe a little longer.

Like showing up for a blind date that someone set up and told you she was ugly, and then being disappointed that she wasn't hot.

I don't think any reasonable people are going crazy over losing to a really good Lville team.
Losing is a whole lot different than being humiliated again on national tv. There have already been a lot of fcs teams that showed well against quality fbs teams this season. Nothing we did on defense affected Louisville; blind luck kept them from scoring 80...

Cuse'91 said:
Losing is a whole lot different than being humiliated again on national tv. There have already been a lot of fcs teams that showed well against quality fbs teams this season. Nothing we did on defense affected Louisville; blind luck kept them from scoring 80...

Did you watch it? The announcers were legit complimentary of Babers, Dungey, and the offense.. Lots of "he'll get it right, but it will take time". I know most casual people will just look at the score and snicker. But Mack Brown was really impressed with Babers and the O.

Did you watch it? The announcers were legit complimentary of Babers, Dungey, and the offense.. Lots of "he'll get it right, but it will take time". I know most casual people will just look at the score and snicker. But Mack Brown was really impressed with Babers and the O.
Never said anything about O, no worries on O with Babers...

I think Babers will be a success here and have posted multiple times that will take 2-3 years to really get going.

In judging each game, I'll call them as I see them, as always.

Mack Brown knows the game, and what it takes to build a program, he can see we are moving in the right direction.

I saw many many positives. I was entertained. People may have left the Dome, but we all stayed at our game watch well into the 4Q. After all it was still a 14 point game at that point. I think that is pretty respectable. Any players that do not roll over after 21 points in 5 minutes deserves our respect.

The way I see it, we scored more points in this game (and were still in the game going into the 4th) than Shafer's last two games against Louisville combined. Yet, we have folks who say this is the same as Shafer's O. Sorry, I don't see the comparison.

I saw many many positives. I was entertained. People may have left the Dome, but we all stayed at our game watch well into the 4Q. After all it was still a 14 point game at that point. I think that is pretty respectable. Any players that do not roll over after 21 points in 5 minutes deserves our respect.
Well said Llandz.

This isn't meant to call out the Post-Standard because I know there jobs aren't easy especially when you cover a team that has been down over the last decade. However, it frustrates me when certain writers make posts, tweets etc., that continue to poke fun at a struggling program. After awhile to me it seems like hitting them while they are down.

I fully understand that it is not there job to take the side of the program, but when the program struggles to gain attention and support, it certainly doesn't help the cause. The fair weathered fan pays attention to what they write. At the end of the day, we all benefit in one way or another from the same thing which is to see this program win again. However, it cannot get there without the support of its full fanbase.

Most people thought Ville was going to be a loss and the loss doesn't count more because we gave up 60+ and 800 yards. We are where most thought we would be going into game #3. 1-1

As the season goes on I'm not going to put much stock into our games against the top of the conference unless we somehow pull a win out of a hat. We haven't had enough time for players to learn both new systems and we need to get "system" guys.

I'm really interested to see how we play against our current peers in conference: NCST, Pitt, WF and BC. Not focusing on wins or losses, if we are competitive and make those teams really uncomfortable I feel like that's something to build on.

Bigger picture we are getting dome renovations soon, our recruiting should incrementally improve, and we have a Coach with an exciting offensive identity that will make sitting through a couple learning seasons more tolerable.

Someone brought up Texas Tech as someone we should not be trying to emulate. I would be ecstatic if we got to Texas Tech level in the next five years! They lost Saturday 55-68 against a good Arizona State team. If we're gonna lose a game, sign me up for 55-68!

Who is going bat snit? I don't think it's that bad for a game where we got outgained by four hundred.

Outgained by p & d's dream offensive output . No knock on them, that is unreal

Revelation.

The problem is while we have some very reasonable posters who makes good posts/responses. The issue is we have to many folks that become negative Nancy's and put their negativity in almost every post after a lose or when things are "going downhill". We saw, in horror for some of us, what happened the last several weeks of last year. We have some very passionate fans who have wanted 10 plus years to get the ship right and anytime the ship lurches the wrong way I'm sure that terrible feeling of "here we go again" comes to the forefront. Lucky for me my orange glasses are heavily tinted and I get to see the program through semi-new eyes with pacusewife being on board now :D

Before this board and 'trophy points', 'likes' and a given status level based on the # of posts one has, my status for years was "OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR".

Why? Because I've wanted this type of offense since millhouse and chip got P fired.

No jumping ship for me, this is MY GUY.

We all knew this type of loss was coming, not a shock.

If we are not dropping 40 on storz, raleigh and wake, then we can talk about a problem.

But right now, that loss was fine...and forgotten .

Before this board and 'trophy points', 'likes' and a given status level based on the # of posts one has, my status for years was "OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR".

Why? Because I've wanted this type of offense since millhouse and chip got P fired.

If we are not dropping 40 on storz, raleigh and wake, then we can talk about a problem.

Yeah, I think the real issue is putting up points in games that have been rock fights for the last few seasons. That's the real peer group. We've had much turnover compared to UL, going from a guy who had a good run and went to Texas back to their architect.

And Dino carries himself with far more composure than the last guy.

I'm not worried about his coaching at all. He's proven to be a good coach.

The question is recruiting. Gotta get the athletes in here to really turn it around. He seems like the type of coach that players would like to play for, and the offensive system would seem to be a skill position players dream, and the improved Dome will help. I think we will see an uptick in recruiting for those reasons, but that's really the biggest thing right now. Gotta get some horses. Next to 4 of the teams we play every year in league play(the big 3 in our division and Pitt) we are small and weak. And we lack depth to a scary degree at several positions.

I never thought I would say that you were the voice of reason on this board...what a world we live in these days.

I'm not throwing away this year, but I think Briles is a good baseline to use. His team scored 63 or points total in his last 5 losses in year 2. After 15 years of suck, we're basically Baylor circa 2008. I'm hoping that it doesn't take three years, but it might get worse before it gets better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom