This board is toxic...leave now and come back tomorrow. | Syracusefan.com

This board is toxic...leave now and come back tomorrow.

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
Although tomorrow still won't be enough for some folks to calm down.

Awful game indeed (except Coleman), although I thought their D was active in 1st half. The second the game was over, I went to the Y and lifted weights and let it go. Not worth getting so upset over. I've learned over the years.

Awful game indeed (except Coleman), although I thought their D was active in 1st half. The second the game was over, I went to the Y and lifted weights and let it go. Not worth getting so upset over. I've learned over the years.
This board is actually spot on tonight. Some overreacting sure, but I think a few of our runs have made us a bit delusional. As someone else pointed out, our record since the 25-0 start is under 60% winning. That is the reality of our basketball program right now. And our recruiting class for next year isn't exactly top notch at the moment. Things are looking bleak.

This board is actually spot on tonight. Some overreacting sure, but I think a few of our runs have made us a bit delusional. As someone else pointed out, our record since the 25-0 start is under 60% winning. That is the reality of our basketball program right now. And our recruiting class for next year isn't exactly top notch at the moment. Things are looking bleak.
I believe NineOneSeven with that stat, just to give him the credit.

Sorry, hard to overlook this one.

I understand the need to look past some games.

But this was more than just a bad game.

There's a problem.

Sorry, hard to overlook this one.

I understand the need to look past some games.

But this was more than just a bad game.

There's a problem.
I never said I'm looking past it and never claimed there's not a problem. I get upset watching games like this too. Their offense is lame with no rhythm and little inside penetration. The team needs some serious work. I just don't let it get to me as much as I used to. I let it go. The world just doesn't end because they lost.

The d was not very good in the first either. Yukon just sux and couldn't hit shots.
It's all relative. They were more active than couple previous games and that contributed to UConn sucking 1st half. 2nd half not so good.

I never said I'm looking past it and never claimed there's not a problem. I get upset watching games like this too. Their offense is lame with no rhythm and little inside penetration. The team needs some serious work. I just don't let it get to me as much as I used to. I let it go. The world just doesn't end because they lost.

Who said the world ended? If you do not like what's said here, don't read it.

Pretty simple.

As lifelong fan, Im simply saying we've got some major issues. The state of the program isn't good -- and it's not going away in a few games.

Who said the world ended? If you do not like what's said here, don't read it.

Pretty simple.

As lifelong fan, Im simply saying we've got some major issues. The state of the program isn't good -- and it's not going away in a few games.
By reading some people's posts (didn't say you), not just this game but anytime SU looses, it sure seems like the world is about to end. Some folks are way over-reactive and change opinion on a dime. It's human nature I guess. That's ok, I used to be like that too. I just take it in better stride now. And I do agree with your last statement BTW.

Woke up with a pit in my stomach and wondered why, then I remembered last night. I do not know why I put so much stock in my life on the outcome of 18-21 year olds playing basketball, but I do.

I'm right there with you, but the more I have those thoughts, the more I'm thinking the end of this is near.

I actually think this board was remarkably even-keeled last night given the circumstances.

Woke up with a pit in my stomach and wondered why, then I remembered last night. I do not know why I put so much stock in my life on the outcome of 18-21 year olds playing basketball, but I do.

Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't stop thinking about it. Losing to a rival hurts a lot more than you expect it to. The overnight construction work a block or two away from my apartment didn't help either though.

I'm right there with you, but the more I have those thoughts, the more I'm thinking the end of this is near.
I hope that isn't as ominous as it sounds.

I hope that isn't as ominous as it sounds.

At some point my employer will figure out my usage here and then the choice won't be mine.

And my wife is growing a bit tired of seeing me disappear into the basement certain nights, screaming until I'm horse at the TV, then spending 2-3 hours after the game on the computer.

Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't stop thinking about it. Losing to a rival hurts a lot more than you expect it to. The overnight construction work a block or two away from my apartment didn't help either though.
The wife accidently woke me up at 5 this morning, and the moment I woke up I had vision of Frank making that God awful close out on the bail out three. I keep thinking age will mellow me and these losses wont affect me as much. Hasn't happened yet.

At some point my employer will figure out my usage here and then the choice won't be mine.

And my wife is growing a bit tired of seeing me disappear into the basement certain nights, screaming until I'm horse at the TV, then spending 2-3 hours after the game on the computer.

There are worse things you can be doing holed up in the basement on the computer than posting here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom