"This Cant Be Happening" | Syracusefan.com

"This Cant Be Happening"

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
bill simmons 16 levels of losing, last nite was level 8 to a tee (hi tee)

Level VIII: The "This Can't Be Happening"
Definition:
The sibling of the Full-Fledged Butt-Kicking. ... You're supposed to win, you expect to win, the game is a mere formality. ... Suddenly your team falls behind, your opponents are fired up, the clock is ticking and it dawns on you for the first time, "Oh, my God, this can't be happening."

1798197_605399896203317_812198409_n.jpg

Definition:
The sibling of the Full-Fledged Butt-Kicking. ... You're supposed to win, you expect to win, the game is a mere formality. ... Suddenly your team falls behind, your opponents are fired up, the clock is ticking and it dawns on you for the first time, "Oh, my God, this can't be happening."
Hi!

The pit in my stomach began at about the point BC tied it at 50. Tiny little pit - hey, we've been here before. Pit expanded to approximately plum or tennis ball size when TE missed the first free throw. Stayed about that size when game went to OT. Grew to grapefruit size when Hanlan hit the 3 to start OT. Beach ball size when TE threw the pass out of bounds. Giant fitness ball size when what's his name 56% shooter for BC hit the 4th of his free throws. By the time CJ missed the last shot:
bubble_boy_filtered.jpg

Definition:

It's weird, it's like a switch is flipped in your brain when that happens. You look at the clock, and tell your brain "plenty of time, we'll be fine, plenty of time, we'll be fine" and then the moment comes where it hits you, OMG WE COULD LOSE, THIS IS REAL. That moment for me was when BC hit the three to go up 4.

It's weird, it's like a switch is flipped in your brain when that happens. You look at the clock, and tell your brain "plenty of time, we'll be fine, plenty of time, we'll be fine" and then the moment comes where it hits you, OMG WE COULD LOSE, THIS IS REAL. That moment for me was when BC hit the three to go up 4.

heres my post in the game thread last nite, think it was when they tied it with like 7 minutes left

Can't believe this, we are in serious danger of losing this game.

Yesterday at 8:34 PM

The pit in my stomach actually expanded this morning when I found out he was a 50% FT shooter. Watching it in person I assumed he was about a 90% shooter so at least I saved myself the extra misery/shock of thinking at the time he might miss.

The pit in my stomach began at about the point BC tied it at 50. Tiny little pit - hey, we've been here before. Pit expanded to approximately plum or tennis ball size when TE missed the first free throw. Stayed about that size when game went to OT. Grew to grapefruit size when Hanlan hit the 3 to start OT. Beach ball size when TE threw the pass out of bounds. Giant fitness ball size when what's his name 56% shooter for BC hit the 4th of his free throws. By the time CJ missed the last shot:
bubble_boy_filtered.jpg
This picture reminds me of "tethered swimming".
ralphwiggum-tetheredswimming.gif

I think I just sat there for the last few minutes of regulation into OT with a confused, angry look on my face. Emotionally dead. I had no idea how to react. Then when we lost I had that feeling when you get into a car accident and you're just like "No, did this just happen...".

I'm not sure I even, at this point a day later, grasp the fact that we lost. In my mind we're 25.5-.5

Not until after the Duke game will that turn into a loss I dont care about anymore or an OMG WE JUST LOST TWO IN A ROW.

I think I just sat there for the last few minutes of regulation into OT with a confused, angry look on my face. Emotionally dead. I had no idea how to react. Then when we lost I had that feeling when you get into a car accident and you're just like "No, did this just happen...".

I'm not sure I even, at this point a day later, grasp the fact that we lost. In my mind we're 25.5-.5

Not until after the Duke game will that turn into a loss I dont care about anymore or an OMG WE JUST LOST TWO IN A ROW.
Hang in there, brother. Until the very last second of the national championship. Then we will party!

Last edited by a moderator: