This graphic is why Ennis is special | Syracusefan.com

This graphic is why Ennis is special

Alsacs

Living Legend
9Tnh7yr.jpg

I lost power at 10:10pm Wednesday night in Charlotte and finally got it back this morning. I was stuck in my house without anything to do yesterday because of the city roads being bad to get out. However, now that I got power back I had to this stat line. What a freaking player in the clutch. Anybody have an idea what game the 1 miss was in?

. Anybody have an idea what game the 1 miss was in?
it was in Wednesday's Pitt game . . . he missed a shot just under the 5 minute mark

it was in Wednesday's Pitt game . . . he missed a shot just under the 5 minute mark

i don't think it was one possession then? They sneakily have changed the graphic. before it was how good Ennis was with under 5 minutes to go. then he had his first turnover and they added in "one possession game". which may or may not be more impressive.

i don't think it was one possession then? They sneakily have changed the graphic. before it was how good Ennis was with under 5 minutes to go. then he had his first turnover and they added in "one possession game". which may or may not be more impressive.

He was fouled on that "turnover" though. He got a rebound over several Pitt players and then several others hammered at his forearms until he dropped the ball.

He was fouled on that "turnover" though. He got a rebound over several Pitt players and then several others hammered at his forearms until he dropped the ball.
Sounds about right... Pitt's swarm theory of defense. And slightly off-thread: if that "contact" on Zana at the end of the game was a foul, then there were "fouls" committed on nearly every foray into the paint by an SU player at the Pete. The PS may think the officiating was even (because they shot about the same number of free throws). In reality, Pitt got called 1 out of every 3 or 4 times they committed a hack, especially inside. Pitt's clutch-n-grab doesn't fly in the tournament and is doubtless one of the reasons for its dubious post-season record.

Last edited:
9Tnh7yr.jpg

I lost power at 10:10pm Wednesday night in Charlotte and finally got it back this morning. I was stuck in my house without anything to do yesterday because of the city roads being bad to get out. However, now that I got power back I had to this stat line. What a freaking player in the clutch. Anybody have an idea what game the 1 miss was in?
I was wondering the same thing so I went through the game logs... It was against Minnesota. With 2 minutes left in that game with Cuse up 67-65 he stole the ball and on a fast break his shot was blocked on a layup... I figured he must have been fouled on that play so I went to the WatchESPN app and fast forwarded to that play, and it certainly looked like he was fouled!!! His one miss should be protested!!!