This has to be said if Hop didn’t leave this season would have been how JB went out | Syracusefan.com

This has to be said if Hop didn’t leave this season would have been how JB went out

That would have been sad.

Also Hughes better not be a project.
He better be an offensive threat next year or else we are putting a lot on Carey next year.
Exactly the same as it is now. The talent is not there

He better be the guard version of Wes friggin Johnson for giving up a scholly this year on his transfer.
Why is using a scholarship on him such a n issue? We had to scramble just to add guys like Marek, HW and Thorpe late, who exactly were we going to add in place of Hughes at that point. You can't get upset about Hughes holding a scholarship. The issue was roster building and management well before this past spring.

Why is using a scholarship on him such a n issue? We had to scramble just to add guys like Marek, HW and Thorpe late, who exactly were we going to add in place of Hughes at that point. You can't get upset about Hughes holding a scholarship. The issue was roster building and management well before this past spring.

Yup, exactly. They did a good job scrapping this roster together considering...and then TT left, Thorpe quit, Sidibe got hurt, and Washington got hurt. I understand frustration watching the games and the general direction the program has been heading, but sometimes people just seem to like to be mad for no reason.

I have a bad feeling we picked the wrong horse... JB deserves every accolade he’s gotten but he should have retired when the sanctions came down and let Hop rebuild. This roster is just sad but somehow not surprising when you have a coach in his 70s who is not coach k.

Oh well woulda... shoulda... coulda... I just hope in 4 more seasons after this one our program doesn’t get to the level of the football program under coach p where 15 years later we are still recovering.

You have no idea what you are talking about
Enlighten me then. Show me where I'm wrong.

TB - Talented, but overrated by this board coming into the season. Average shooter

FH - We would be bad without him, but anytime your PG turns it over at the rate he does, you are going to struggle. Average shooter. Makes bad decisions

OB -Nice potential and will be good here in the future, but the fact remains he shoots a terrible percentage. I'm sure the guy with Omar in his avatar can give you the percentage but it hovers around 30% and most of that is in the lane.

Moyer - No offensive game. Limited athletic ability. Concerned if he can ever contribute consistently on this level

Chuckwu - No offensive game. Struggles to catch passes when open

Marek - No scoring. Can pass a little. Has promise for future.

Sidibe - Injured. Has promise for future but injuries killed this year

We have zero inside game and are a poor shooting team and lack depth to try and press and get easy buckets. It's a terrible combination. What talent am I missing or how would Hop have changed this.

Last edited:
Yup, exactly. They did a good job scrapping this roster together considering...and then TT left, Thorpe quit, Sidibe got hurt, and Washington got hurt. I understand frustration watching the games and the general direction the program has been heading, but sometimes people just seem to like to be mad for no reason.
Mad for no reason??

I can give you 44 reasons why I am mad

Enlighten me then. Show me where I'm wrong.

TB - Talented, but overrated by this board coming into the season. Average shooter

FH - We would be bad without him, but anytime your PG turns it over at the rate he does, you are going to struggle. Average shooter. Makes bad decisions

OB -Nice potential and will be good here in the future, but the fact remains he shoots a terrible percentage. I'm sure the guy with Omar in his avatar can give you the percentage but it hovers around 30% and most of that is in the lane.

Moyer - No offensive game. Limited athletic ability. Concerned if he can ever contribute consistently on this level

Chuckwu - No offensive game. Struggles to catch passes when open

Marek - No scoring. Can pass a little. Has promise for future.

Sidibe - Injured. Has promise for future but injuries killed this year

We have zero inside game and are a poor shooting team and lack depth to try and press and get easy buckets. It's a terrible combination. What talent am I missing or how would Hop have changed this.
We were talking about next year. And you were saying that we would be no better next year. Next years team would include a top 10 player. A top 40 player. A transfer that has got nothing but rave reviews. And at least some improvement by the returning players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom