This is fabulous: Scroll down to the letter from Peggy Tatum... | Syracusefan.com

This is fabulous: Scroll down to the letter from Peggy Tatum...

I didn't realize this had been published, Joyce, so thank you for the kudos. I have probably written lyrics to 100 songs in my life, starting when I was a freshman in college and not doing too well in geology, but of all the songs I have ever written, this one means the most to me. It is no exaggeration to say that it took me hours upon hours, and my admiration for the genius of the creator of "Hamilton" grew by leaps and bounds as I floundered around trying to match his rhythms and his fervor. I felt compelled to write it after the Miami game when we looked to be a team reborn, but then I put it away after we lost again a couple times. It was after the Virginia game when Boeheim reached 1000 in the most perfect way imaginable that I looked at the song again and realized that with a couple tweaks, it was - to my fevered mind - perfect.

If Coach Boeheim ever reads it ( for some reason, I suspect he may skip Bud's columns), I would hope that he enjoys it and understands that it comes from a place of complete gratitude for the privilege of being an Orange basketball fan, as well as respect and love.

I didn't realize this had been published, Joyce, so thank you for the kudos. I have probably written lyrics to 100 songs in my life, starting when I was a freshman in college and not doing too well in geology, but of all the songs I have ever written, this one means the most to me. It is no exaggeration to say that it took me hours upon hours, and my admiration for the genius of the creator of "Hamilton" grew by leaps and bounds as I floundered around trying to match his rhythms and his fervor. I felt compelled to write it after the Miami game when we looked to be a team reborn, but then I put it away after we lost again a couple times. It was after the Virginia game when Boeheim reached 1000 in the most perfect way imaginable that I looked at the song again and realized that with a couple tweaks, it was - to my fevered mind - perfect.

If Coach Boeheim ever reads it ( for some reason, I suspect he may skip Bud's columns), I would hope that he enjoys it and understands that it comes from a place of complete gratitude for the privilege of being an Orange basketball fan, as well as respect and love.

Peggy, I purposely did not identify you by name... because I thought that should be your decision. I am glad you decided to take credit for it.

"Hamilton" is my absolute favorite show of all time, and I consider Lin-Manuel Miranda to be a genius. I continually listen to the original cast recording. I think your "parody" is brilliant.

Great stuff!!!!

Peggy, I purposely did not identify you by name... because I thought that should be your decision. I am glad you decided to take credit for it.

"Hamilton" is my absolute favorite show of all time, and I consider Lin-Manuel Miranda to be a genius. I continually listen to the original cast recording. I think your "parody" is brilliant.
Thank you, Joyce. I, too, listen to it continually. Even my 79 year old aunt is addicted. It seems that once you hear it, you can't un-hear it.