This Is It !!! Time For Your Insightful Analysis... | Syracusefan.com

This Is It !!! Time For Your Insightful Analysis...

mantonio

Starter
On this eve of perhaps the greatest resurgence of a Syracuse Basketball team in WORLD HISTORY, we all want to see a miraculous, fundamental transformation of this squad's court performance.

If you discovered a Genie's bottle under your MSG seat at the nosebleed level, & could have just ONE player or category improved dramatically on this team for maximum chance to win every game, what would it be, & why do you believe your wish would give Syracuse the best chance to win the BET & a National Championship?

If I could magically improve one category? If anyone says something other than "shooting" they have more than likely been chugging gasoline for a week straight.

On this eve of perhaps the greatest resurgence of a Syracuse Basketball team in WORLD HISTORY, we all want to see a miraculous, fundamental transformation of this squad's court performance.

If you discovered a Genie's bottle under your MSG seat at the nosebleed level, & could have just ONE player or category improved dramatically on this team for maximum chance to win every game, what would it be, & why do you believe your wish would give Syracuse the best chance to win the BET & a National Championship?

To get 22/15/6 out of our center position. And then the alarm clock goes off and it's time to go work.

I would say that they play and communicate on the court as a T-E-A-M!!!

Three point shooting percentage. If we're going to be "forced" into taking so many, mine as well make them, right?

I want to see some tea bagging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 players to each get double digit points in each of the next 10 games.

second wish - the papal conclave selects JB before the 2:30 pm tip off.

For this team to be successful in the next few weeks I wish for a whole lotta really big amount of incredible luck.

The team confidence to take every missed opprtunity to heart.
or
momentum and not giving all the points back after opponents timeouts.

Southerland makes 3 point shots consistently the rest of the way. And he takes good shots!

Lady Luck, I want you to fall madly, passionately in love with the Syracuse Orange!

To borrow a made up phrase from the great Jim Ross, testicular fortitude. They get this and the scoringbig shots will come.

I'd love to see some execution on some set plays rather than settling for creating their own long distance jump shots. A transition game also would be a nice wish.

And welcome back, Mantonio. Heaven knows I needed some encouragement right around now.

I'd love to see some execution on some set plays rather than settling for creating their own long distance jump shots. A transition game also would be a nice wish.

And welcome back, Mantonio. Heaven knows I needed some encouragement right around now.
Your post remind me of the great John McKay quote, when he was asked what he thought of his team's execution, he said that he "was all for it"

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

If you discovered a Genie's bottle under your MSG seat ... ... ... ONE category improved dramatically on this team for maximum chance to win every game, what would it be, & why do you believe your wish would give Syracuse the best chance to win the BET & a National Championship?

Clear Heads.

They have the talent - they need to play the game without worrying about making mistakes. Stop playing tentatively. IMHO Skill is not the issue - right now it's all in their heads. The Garden has a way of clearing the heads of SU teams.

Oh Darn it all - here comes more. They need to play Aggressive basketball - Contest every pass; every in-bounds; they need to play aggressive but all with clear heads. I really believe it's all in their heads right now, did I mention that I believe they have the talent? So it's Aggressive with Clear Heads (is that ONE thing? ;) sort of I guess)

SU By 22 this afternoon.

SUball

MCW will be in the d league this time next year...

Oh sorry I am so used to seeing that littered throughout this forum i got ahead of myself.

MCW will be in the d league this time next year...

Oh sorry I am so used to seeing that littered throughout this forum i got ahead of myself.
Do you think he'll go pro? :bat:

I know this isn't a mike post but never saw this posted in his other threads and it reminded me of Mike some.

I remember someone who stayed as a senior a guy named Kemba Waker saying I was playing at to fast a pace I needed to slow it down. He was a guy that probably had a better jr year in 09-10 then Mike has this yera.
Another year of getting used to the physicallity and learning to score at half speed coud work wonders for Mike though and really help him be more successfull at the next level.